The WTS thinks Jesus was a liar or an incompetent fool?

by TTWSYF 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The whole idea of a great apostasy means that Jesus was lying [or he was a crazy fool] when he said that he would be with HIS church until the end of the age. What say you?

Matt 28- 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of allnations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Well, he was suckered in to believing that he was somehow special, so I guess your 'fool' concept is not far off the mark.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ancient mythology is fictional bullshit , nevertheless some people are still attracted to it particularly people who cultivate money and power from it.

........no names mentioned

• Whynot
    Whynot

If Jesus was truly concerned with spreading his teachings he would have written a book himself. The gospels were written decades after he died and they weren't even written by his disciples. So we don't truly know what he said.

So many contradictions and made up ideas. Whose to say what his true intention was.

I think that the NT writers would have done a better job if they knew that in the future most of the world was going to rely on their works to learn about Jesus.

They're probably in heaven saying "We really fu**ed up."

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Jesus NEVER said 'Do what I write" and/or "write down these things"

He did say 'do all that I have commanded you'

just saying

Does the WTS think Jesus was a liar or a fool?

• venus
    venus
    I agree with what Whynot said: “So many contradictions and made up ideas. Whose to say what his true intention was.

For example, all churches take Mathew 10:28 to show soul is immortal whereas JWs apply it to show soul is mortal.

But when I examined the same word (apollumi, Greek) appearing in other places, I found that it only means ‘becoming like waste’ or living wastefully without knowing the purpose because the same word is used to mean ‘the new wine bursting the skins, spilling out and getting ruined’ (Luke 537), then of “lost sheep” (Luke 15:4, 6), “lost son” (Luke 15:24) …. None of them means eternal destruction. It can only mean, when used of persons, loss of well-being resulting from a purposeless life which is not in harmony with his very make up, “the image of God”. (Gen 1:27)

• freddo
    freddo

Does the WTS think Jesus was a liar or a fool?

They don't care - they just use him as a tool.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well who said there would be a great apostasy, Paul? Well Paul said and taught a whole bunch of things that didn’t agree with what jesus supposedly said. The Bible is just a evolution of ideas that contradict older ideas already written. Just look at the gospels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit