Terrorist Attack in Paris

by cofty 8 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

A car has struck a group of soldiers in Paris, injuring six, two seriously, police say.

A large and urgent police operation is now under way to find the vehicle and driver involved in the incident in the north-western suburb of Levallois-Perret.

The local mayor, Patrick Balkany, said he had "no doubt" that it was a deliberate act....

• Simon
    Simon

I heard Sadiq Khan say all these attacks are because of the internet. Yeah, definitely that, nothing to so with any crackpot religion.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Sadiq Khan is a terrorist mayor, his apologist stupidity is part of the problem

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Religion of peace strikes again!

Paris does seem to be getting a lot more than the rest of Europe.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I was in Paris last month and was really struck by the huge police presence, particularly around historic sites.

One afternoon about 15:00, my wife and I witnessed a brawl of four or five men at the park adjacent to the Eiffel Tower. It was immediately broken up by about a dozen police which came running from several directions.

There were at least a dozen police in full SWAT gear near the Arc de Triomphe. Many of the police officers had assault rifles. The Champs-Élysées was barricaded on both ends and every side with police checkpoints at every possible entrance of its entire 2km length. We were denied entrance because I had a bottle of 2014 Rothchild's Mouton Cadet. Who would have thought wine was contraband in Paris.

The #1 Metro line, which runs under the Champs-Élysées, was closed. As a result, connecting lines were extremely overcrowded.

The whole experience was very disappointing. But at least my wife and I survived unscathed.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the things that make the news are just the main terrorism attacks. There will be much more lower level crime and harassment - I saw one where groups of men take over cafes and harass women and "non-them-colored" people from being able to go there. It's how they take over and assimilate and area. The west is blind and stupid.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Pale.Emperor "Religion of peace strikes again!

Paris does seem to be getting a lot more than the rest of Europe."

Good reason for that - France has a muslim population somewhere around 10% (they are not disclosing the real figure).

If you live in the west and are concerned about the islamisation of your country, this video is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXWjlgJ83E

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I was in Paris in June and was also surprised by the police presence. We were unable to get close the Eiffel tower that day because the area was closed off. Supposedly there was to be a motorcade coming through, but we were around there about an hour and nothing came. The police are everywhere, with full gear, vests and rifles.

But then, we went to a train station to take a train to the south of France, and we boarded the train with our luggage, and no one asked for our tickets or even looked our way the whole time. We just got on and rode for 4 hours. Go figure.

• jp1692
    jp1692

DOYKL: But then, we went to a train station to take a train to the south of France, and we boarded the train with our luggage, and no one asked for our tickets or even looked our way the whole time. We just got on and rode for 4 hours. Go figure.

My wife and I thought exactly the same thing when we were on the Metro.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit