What Are Your "Senior Moments" Like?

by compound complex 45 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends:

I imagine by now we old timers have adjusted to the fact that we are getting older and, one day, will make our exit. Are your "senior moments" ever a cause for worry to you? Do you laugh most of them off?

I was teaching a class in English grammar this week and became confused, forgetting some of the basic moves, like getting my notes up onto the whiteboard for the class to see. Never happened before. I looked at my notes and drew a blank. I talked to another teacher yesterday, and she told me she that, when addressing an audience, the words stopped coming out of her mouth. All she could do was apologize. Nothing more to say.

Kindly share . . .

CoCo

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I forget people's names easily. My reading is not as good because my eyesight is failing.

Who came up with the term "golden years"? This phase of life sucks the big one!!!😢

DY

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I went out to start my car and I forgot where I was going. The worst, forget what you are

looking for in your home, you no what a mean.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Like James said looking for something in your home and can't remember, was going to share some more examples but I can't I remember.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I went shopping, returned to "my" car, and it would not open, a guy walked up to me and said " I think you will find that is my car Sir", it was only then that I remembered I had taken Mrs Phizzy's car, as hers was the first in the driveway.

In mitigation, I have a relatively unusual car, and this guys was: same model, same colour, and close registration !

I told this story to a friend of mine the other day, similar age, late Sixties, and he said "Don't worry, yesterday I went upstairs three times before I did what I was supposed to do the first time !

Don't worry dear CoCo, I heard something the other day that reassured me, the Dr. talking about minor lapses said that it happens frequently to young people too, but it is just the older ones who worry about it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Doubtfully, James, Shirley, and Phizzy, for the reassurance!

Had to express my appreciation before heading off to work . . .

Where am I going?!?!?!?

Best regards.

CoCo

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I have to say that everthing the first five posters said has happened to me. This past week I turned 69 and consider myself in marginally good health. The only meds I'm on is a low dose blood pressure med. Recently had what I call an "old persons" procedure done on the veins in both legs to increase blood flow and stop my feet from swelling. It seems to be working and I should know for sure within a month when I go back for a post op exam.

What really makes me stop and think about my mortality is that in the two years since I moved to Florida from Pa, 19 of my friends and acquaintances have died. Some older than me and some younger. But most within 5 to 7 years of my age. I get the obits from the newspaper from where I came from and from friends via email and Facebook.

In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy life as much as I can as a free man.

HappyDad

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I can't remember.
  • titch
    titch

Of course, Compound Complex, you do realize, that the replies from various people so far, if you were to relate them to JWs, it would be further "ammunition", in their mind, for stating that it is the reason why a "New System" is so very much needed. In the "New System" people won't be having ANY "Senior Moments". The human mind will be "brought back to perfection." No aging, no "Seniors" Ah, yes, what to do, what to do? But, yes, I do relate to the predicament of "senior moments." Best Regards, all! ,

Titch

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Im not even senior, but I forgot completely where I parked my car the other day.

I literally stood there for what felt like an eternity trying to remember!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit