One of the things I disliked about moving to a new congregation

by Jules Saturn 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I hope I’m not the only one who experienced this but I hated it when we moved to a new congregation and another family from the congregation we were in would move to the same congregation basically following us. And it was annoying because I always felt like there was this competition over privileges and participation during the meetings with this particular family. It was so annoying. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

-Jules

• steve2
    steve2

Sounds very strange indeed that another family virtually followed you when you relocated. And this happened more than once. You mustn’t have moved very far away. I’d be more disturbed if I moved hundreds of kilometres away or to another land altogether and another family followed!

I must say I’ve never heard of that happening - although I have heard of news of your move traveling to the new congregation even before you arrive.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jules the JW religion runs on competion. It's the fuel that keeps people reaching out and trying harder.

The borg is like the great capitalist religion the way it uses competition to it's advantage.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One way to distance yourself from this competition (one up-man ship) is leave this corrupt false religion operating around a publishing house.

• millie210
    millie210

I have heard of family members moving when other family members did.

Havent heard of someone moving just to be where someone else moved but I can totally see how that would be over the top annoying!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Creepy much? Maybe your family were their only friends and they couldn't bear to be in the cult without you. Lol.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Maybe you should call the police? Oh, just make sure it's okay with the elders first.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

The worst thing about moving to a new congregation was the disappointment over how few eligible mates there were, and thinking 'ok, maybe next time'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit