Survey of Involvement in Cults / Religious Groups : PhD Research Project

by ZAPPA-ESQUE 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Its a short anonymous survey - perhaps you would like to contribute 5 minutes-

Via: ICSA (International Cultic Studies Association)

""I'm passing on the message below from a Duke University student who is conducting a research study that has gone through the Duke Institutional Review Board. If you are interested, a link to her survey is pasted below.

Regards,

Michael Langone, PhD

Executive Director - ICSA""

"Hello everyone! I am currently a senior at Duke University studying global health and sociology. I was a member of a cultic group for many years, but I was able to disaffiliate about two years ago. It was a difficult process, but I am doing better now. After speaking with several individuals with similar painful experiences and reading many testimonies, I have been inspired to do something to help. This year, I have the opportunity of working on a research project (for my senior thesis) that is trying to better understand the different types of social experiences people have after leaving cults/new religious movements in order to find more practical ways to help support people during the readjustment process. I have created a survey to ask about these experiences, which has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Duke University. This electronic survey consists of yes/no, multiple choice, and scaled questions, and it is open to anyone who is a former member of a cult or new religious movement. The survey will be completely anonymous and does not collect any identifying information. It takes about 15 minutes to complete.

The link to the survey is: https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0NAzdVBgknVpEfX

If you are someone who disaffiliated from a cult or New Religious Movement, you are more than welcome to take the survey. I would be truly grateful for your time and participation. I am excited to learn from the data I collect and use it to design research-based interventions in the future. Once again, this survey is open to anyone who is a former member of a cult or new religious movement, and there are no other requirements. Please feel free to share the link! Thank you so much. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

Z-E

"Dont play in the Yellow snow where the Huskies go"

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Done. I'd definitely be interested in the results of your research, please post back when it's completed to let us know how it goes!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Here is a link to a servey that is JW specific. This web site would probably be one of the prominent forums for the ex-JW community.

http://jwsurvey.org/global-surveys/2015-global-survey

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    OneEyedJoe - Hi ...This is not my survey but I receive reports and e-mails from the ICSA (International Cultic Studies Association) - anyone can subscribe btw. They flagged me about the survey.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Done and enjoyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit