Jws did not pay bills?

by waton 8 Replies latest social current

• waton
    waton

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/nachruf-auf-dieter-teschendorf-die-sache-mit-der-privatwirtschaft/28490176.html

Vor dem Mauerfall verdiente er gut mit seiner Druckerei. Danach kamen die Zeugen Jehovas und bezahlten ihre Rechnung nicht.

TATJANA WULFERT

translateD: " BEFORE THE FALL OF THE WALL---, Then came Jehovah's Witnesses and diD not pay their bill" A STORY OF AN UNDERGROUND PRINTER IN EAST, COMMUNIST BERLIN.

IS THIS BELIEVABLE?

• waton
    waton

From the obituary:

"-- Als alles fertig war, kamen die guten Christen, nahmen das Material, sagten, sie würden später zahlen und meldeten sich nie wieder.Davon erholte sich die Siebdruckerei nie mehr richtig."

Dieter und Heidi verkauften das Haus und richteten eine neue, kleinere Druckerei

THE GIST: Once the work was finished, the Good Christians came, took the printed material, and never showed again.
    The printery never recovered (from the loss), D&H had to sell the house and started a new, smaller printry.
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

The newspaper article does not specify who specifically gave the printing order. It does not necessarily have to be the Watchtower. It could also have been "any JW" who gave a print order. But this is all pure speculation.

• waton
    waton

FJ: right. that is why wt is not mentioned in the article or posts.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just possible those guys who did not pay were arrested perhaps ?

• hoser
    hoser

They are dishonest about convention hotel arrangements with both the hotel and members. They were dishonest about UN involvement in the late 1990s. They perjured on the stand in the Australian child abuse inquiry. They are dishonest about privacy and reporting laws. Are they dishonest by not paying their bills?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

There are a good number of dubs who didn't and don't pay bills--including rent in some areas. For some, this is not only because they weren't able to, due to their financial/low-income statuses but also because some DID NOT WANT TO! A brother who was married to a now PIMO sister did not want to have a job--whether it was part-time or temp. When they dated and got married, he was a temporary employee and parts of the wedding/reception were paid for by his parents and grandparents who were well-to-do. The sister/wife, however, had to end up working 2 jobs to help pay for the ceremonies, the apartment they ended up living in, and all of the other bills plus groceries. This was all MAINLY because he wanted to: PIONEER and MOVE UP in the cultcorporation! 😫 They were married for less than 10 years--and ended up divorced due to his cheating on her with a couple of female family friends plus a coworker. Thankfully, they didn't have any children within this relationship. She is waking up, realizing TTATT, and moving on! 👏🏽

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

It was also my observation when I was in the religion that some JWs just did not want to work. Period. One sister even told me she’d rather die than do what I did. 🙄 (I worked in an office.) ..I could probably write a small book on the stupid things said to me by arrogant people on their high horse when I was active in the religion. Well, I hope they can pay their bills today.

The reputation that I heard in general about other Witnesses was they were unreliable and looking for ‘Free’ this and that. To be truthful, the only ‘reliable’ Witnesses I saw there were most of the older retirees. The ‘baby boomer’ young pioneer types (who probably followed that infamous 1969 Awake article) were nothing more than deadbeats as far as I could see and I avoided them.

I really had no use for these people then (because they were so snide to me) and I have no desire to be around them now that they are reaping the consequences of forty+ years chasing a fantasy and not in the workforce.

• vienne
    vienne

One could just as well blame the Stasi without seeing what was printed.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit