Lesson in tolerance and inclusion for GBoJW

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

On board his trip home from Eire - the Pope gave a 45 min on board press conference (26 Aug 2018)....

"... The Pope also highlighted the need for parents of gay children to have a dialogue with their offspring and not condemn them.

'Your question is clear: what would I say to a father who sees that his son or daughter has that tendency? I would say first to pray, don’t condemn, dialogue, understand, make space for them. Let them express themselves,' he said.

'.... Another thing is when it shows itself after 20 years of age or so. But I’ll never say that silence is a remedy. To ignore a son or daughter with homosexual tendencies is a lack of paternity and maternity. You are my son or daughter, as you are, I’m your father, mother, let’s talk…don’t throw them out of the family.'"

His humanity, versatility, understanding, and spirituality comes across. He is the beneficiary of higher education!

The GBoJW have a lot to learn from him. However, learning anything by the GBoJW is difficult to put it mildly!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

His humanity, versatility, understanding, and spirituality comes across. He is the beneficiary of higher education!

The Pope that is.

And what education level have the 8? popes of Jehovah`s Witnesses attained ? Certainly not higher education , because they frown upon it.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The RC Church here in the person of the Pope is showing a sensible approach using understanding and compassion within the primary social unit; the family. This is in contrast to the JW org which does not care a fig for the well-being of its abused members. It over-rides the parent/child dialogue by condemning all children, or adults for that matter, with other than heterosexual inclinations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit