Mormons baptize Holocaust victims and D. Trump grandparents..

by James Mixon 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes the Associated Press..Mormons are posthumously baptizing Holocaust victim as well as grandparents of public figures like D. Trump, Hillary Clinton and Steve Spielberg..I wonder what Holocaust victims will think, surprise you are a Mormon...I think I will send a request to Mormon's headquarter to check to see if C.T Russell and any of the past dead GB members were baptized, and make it known to JW community.. It would hilarious to see their (JW) expression, "you know Russell was a baptized Mormon....

• Giordano
    Giordano
    After Jews complained about baptisms of Jewish Holocaust victims, saying such baptisms deny the Jewish identity of those who died because of their faith, the LDS church worked with Jewish groups to stop the practice. But the system of preventing the baptism of Holocaust victims, initiated in 1995, has not been foolproof, as was shown this week with the disclosure about Wiesenthal’s parents.
    For Mormons, baptizing the dead solves a big theological problem: How do billions of people who never had the opportunity to accept Jesus Christ – including those who lived before Jesus walked the earth – receive salvation? By baptizing the dead, a practice known as posthumous proxy baptism, Mormons believe they are giving every person who ever lived the chance at everlasting life. That includes Muslims, Hindus, atheists, pagans, whoever.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/16/explainer-how-and-why-do-mormons-baptize-the-dead/

Since the JW's steal from the Mormons perhaps their next big push will be Baptizing the Dead.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks Giordano, strange practice...

• User99
    User99
    Only if they can count their time.
  • EverApostate
    EverApostate

Every cult has its own weirdo nutty beliefs and practices.

Actually there is a verse in the Bible said to have spoke by Nutty Paul, that they quote for this

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought this was old news and they promised to stop doing it. There was a huge scandal when they baptised Anne Frank, I think. (Or was that Justin Bieber?)

I honestly don't see the problem. I wish they'd just hurry up and baptise every dead person, then no one could single out particular examples. Plus it would mean all dead people get access to heaven, of course, which is pretty cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit