New member + anyone attended/seen the Zone Visit?

by Isambard Crater 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The "what if they are right" thing will be there for quite a while (i think most of us have had this to varying degrees) and only really dissipates with proper research. Until you prove for yourself (i.e dont just take anyones word for it) that it is all baloney by doing real research then you will be stuck in this mind set.

Heck, I've been out 7 years, know it's a cult, I'm an atheist yet still occasionally the nagging ingrained thoughts will come that I wish it were true or that just maybe they were onto something. It is just the programming I have suffered since birth surfacing now and again, I know this and dismiss those thoughts or feelings for what they are, ingrained thoughts and feelings based on zero evidence whatsoever and regrets over a wasted life.

In case you havent been there: www.jwfacts.com is a good place to start.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
  • Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Thanks, Nicholaus Kopernicus. I can't wait. Not.

Why the constant need among J.W's for modesty and about dress and grooming? In all the environments I frequent, from offices to supermarkets and restaurants, it's very, very rare to see people dressed immodestly. And why the need to have the annual convention animation telling young J.W's not to push older ones down the stairs? I mean, where does that happen and what sort of people need reminding?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Re: modesty in dress and grooming. The GBoJW have afforded themselves an exemption from 1 Thess 4:11 - leading a quiet life and minding your own business. So too have they exempted themselves from 1 Pet 4:15 - not being a busybody in other peoples' affairs. They are spiritually bankrupt / barren and thus focus on being prescriptive of others. In consequence, we get nonsense like this....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have endured a couple of these .... they have been boring and instantly forgettable.

Thanks to St George and Nicholas K for the programme times . Sis. Blues is scheduled for the repeat Sunday A M but may crash the Saturday viewing now we know the times.

I don't she likes them much more than I do...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Now, being unable to leave is making me physically, emotionally and mentally ill

Why would that occur for being subservient and accepting of the lies, corruption and fear mongering ignorance orchestrated by this corrupt religious publishing house ?

The Watchtower Corporation and the top men who started this organization hardly said anything truthful .

They did present to the public a tainted commercialized version of the Gospel of Jesus Christ thought .

The question at large would therefore be did Jehovah choose commercialized false prophets ?

I think not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit