Walking a thin line - Resigning Elder

by Sanchy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Sanchy and PatKim - Welcome to the forum. My heart goes out to you. Thankfully nothing is too hard for God. Let me encourage you both to continue asking the Father for guidance. Jesus himself invites us to fellowship and to find rest in Him, who loves us and gave himself for us. May I suggest you read the Psalms daily, personally and prayerfully, sharing your fears and burdens with the Lord and you will build your self up as you grow in your relationship with Him. Do not try to change your wives thinking. Ask God to open their eyes and trust Him to do it. The scriptures tell us to cast our burdens on the Lord and He will sustain us.
  • bradford
    bradford

You can vent here.

Hate to say it, but in the org you really can't vent to anyone. They will try to understand, but they will not listen to what you are really saying, and you won't tell them how you really feel and think. It's like a half hearted half truthful conversation that will leave you at the mercy of the orgs procedures when they eventually rat on you. As an elder you know how that will go. If you step back, breathe, take care of you and yours, people will stop hammering you.

It's going to be a long, difficult road ahead one way or another. See if you can meet up with some work friends or people from here, I know it sounds weird but talking to someone about leaving the truth is more inspiring than any conversation you've ever had about someone coming into the truth.

Good luck and please ignore ice's comments, that is just silly.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome. I have no good advice to offer. I was DA'd as a teenager-never even baptized. I will say I am hoping for the best outcome for your family, but I recognize how much of a challenge you are facing.

I notice how young you were when made an elder (and still so young!). We did not have a single elder under 40 when I was in, 35 years ago. Back then, young whippersnappers like yourself were lucky to be a MS! Except we said "fortunate" since" lucky" would get us a standard lecture. on the use of such a worldly word. I am sure they will miss you in the hall.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yep. You can vent all you want here. Unfortunately there is no room for venting in the Borg. Unless you want to be nailed for ''apostasy'' and subsequent JC and then disfellowshipping. Many, Many people here are more than grateful to have this place to vent and form a sense of community for us doubters and faders!!!(for a lack of better term)
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Sanchy and PatKim from Australia

,My heart goes out to you guys finding out TTATT and still having beleiving mates by your sides . Apart from realising it`s not the truth , which is a great stress in itself , you have to be very careful with your relationship with your wife whom you both obviously love.

I wish you both all the best for the future and hope everything works out for the best for your families .

smiddy

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Perhaps your wife is correct and since they have the "general truth" you cant just discount the whole faith?
  • jhine
    jhine
    Makeme my first thought when l read your post was that is like saying " Hitler had a few good ideas , perhaps we should have let him run the world " I would dispute anyway that they have the general truth , which particular general truth do you mean ? The one from yesterday , today or tomorrow ? .Just the fact that they are proven false prophets and went against Bible teaching to even try to predict a date for Armageddon is enough yeast to destroy the whole batch of dough . You are brave to come on here and try to defend the WT , but think about it . There are too many cracks to try and paper over . Jan
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Damn iceman...are you for real?

How can you admit those big issues exist, and still defend them?

• I am a Bible Student
    I am a Bible Student

You might find the Beroean Pickets website very useful and supportive as well. meletivivlon.com.

What helped open my eyes was when my husband asked how many children Jesus would allow to be abused in the paradise. "none" was my answer, "he would never allow that to happen", then he asked "so how can Jesus be ruling over the congregations of JW's today and allowing all the child abuse?"

• freddo
    freddo

@makemeanunbeliever

Does the bread have garlic powder or poison in it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit