Hour requirements

by dothemath 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

I recall having to go in the ministry, not just Saturday but strongly encouraged to go out Sunday after the meeting. Then they had the lame idea to organize evening witnessing, or maybe before the midweek book study.

It could be minus 40 and there would still be a group organized. (Canada)

Now I’m told even during the co visit it was somewhat of a colder day, so all the ministry is on zoom!

Things have sure changed, especially with only 15 hours needed to pioneer.

I guess that means we must be so close to the end!

Curious if any others recall “evening witnessing”?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

“evening witnessing”

definitely, before the tuesday evening group book study--i used to go--as a kid--on my own. My parents basically let me get on with it. This was in Handsworth--in Birmingham UK--early 1960's.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Tried Wednesday evening. Pxxxed-off a lot of people. Interrupting dinner or sitcoms. It fizzled pretty quickly.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Bad experiences re. “Evening witnessing”.

Many persons were too afraid to open their doors of an evening, and even the ones that did were most unhappy to see us there. (A number were actually terrified out of their wits).

The only place I saw “evening witnessing” used successfully was in the single accommodation of a construction camp. Even there, we were careful to time matters to just after shift change time.

• Ding
    Ding

How could people not want to hear the WT's (ever-changing) life-saving message at any hour day or night?

Amazing...

• waton
    waton

it was economical to get your 150 pioneer hours in, you were already showered and all dressed up, so why not before, after meetings at all hours of the longer summer days? and if you could drag a hapless publisher along that gave you browny points, and easy "just listening" time for the non-professional.

Th end was nearer then too, what with Kennedy staring down the Russians.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Yes, I did, was a child then.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit