Lennon and McCartney could so easily have been writing for the Watchtower...

by The Rebel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser
    Eleanor rigby kept her face in a jar by the door. Not her teeth.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    wtf did someone really have to explain Eleanor Rigby to someone?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Barrold Bonds (Q) " w.t.f did someone really have to explain Eleonor Rigby to someone?

The Rebel. To all posters on the thread, ESCAPING the W.T who want to make sense of it, I would google " Elmer Gentry" and you will find your answers. The author is Sinclair Lewis.

The Rebel.

• hoser
    hoser
    I think Eleanor rigby was Paul's song and I am the walrus was johns. At that point in thief career they were pretty much writing indepandant of each other but the songs we're still credited to both writers.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    man now i want to listen to Revolver again. thanks thread!
  • freddo
    freddo

@hoser

Quite right! Funny how the mind plays tricks.

So "her face" in the jar was her make up not her teeth. Oops!

• talesin
    talesin

lol, The Rebel! You can't insult Lennon and McCartney in the thread title, and expect people to refrain from explaining their lyrics that you dissed. *grins and sticks out tongue*

To address the OP - it sounds like Ian X was trying out what he imagined was the 'worldly life style'. Of course, we all know (including us REAL - and CLEAN - hippys) that there are many life styles, and he chose the loser's way to live. He found it distasteful (who wouldn't?), especially being shunned along with it, and decided to return to his cocooned JW life. It kinda makes ya want to puke, right? Indeed.

btw, love your other thread - I am sick of the God wars, and it's time to get back to helping each other heal, agreed. xx tal

• Giordano
    Giordano

The Beatles wed poetry to rock and roll.

Even that little diddy "with a little help from my friends' became an anthem in the spastic arms of Joe Cocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQWnlEs9GU

• Barrold Bonds
  • Heaven
    Heaven

You guys are cracking me up today!

I love Joe Cocker's music. My neighbour's kid used to have Joe Cocker moves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit