Lennon and McCartney could so easily have been writing for the Watchtower...

by The Rebel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

in fact just like the Watchtower, I've no idea what they were writing about half the time. All that rubbish about " I am the Walrus" and Eleanor Rigby keeping her teeth in a jam jar or something, and what "Lucy the in the Sky with Diamonds" means I do NOT know!

Anyway, I mention the above because shortly after I quit meetings, Beattle loving brother, Ian X also, stopped attending meetings, and I watched him transform himself in to a, scruffy bearded, hippyish, beer drinking slob, ( translation a great guy) . I enjoyed widening his musical taste, and introduced him to Floyd and dark side, Bowies Ziggy, and others. So you can " IMAGINE " my dismay, when I met Ian X yesterday, clean shaven, dressed very witnishish, with creases in his trousers, . He informed me he had gone back to the meetings and hoped to survive Armeggedon. I bet his also back listening to that Lennon and McCartney noncence that makes no sense, and has given up on Pink Floyds dark side, and Bowies Ziggy. I for one didn't envy him.

Any comments on the above? how can a person break free from the Watchtower, and in this case I believe not go back for family reasons, but because he wants to survive Armeggedon.

The Rebel.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

LSD

Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), also known as acid, is a psychedelic drugknown for its psychological effects. This may include altered awareness of the surroundings, perceptions, and feelings as well as sensations and images that seem real though they are not.[8] It is used mainly as a recreational drug and for spiritual reasons. LSD is typically either swallowed or held under the tongue.[8] It is often sold on blotter paper, a sugar cube, or gelatin. LSD injected intravenously taking approximately 30 minutes before the effects are realized.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Poster "punk"often refers to the Governing body as rock stars, so here are some G.B rock star quotes:-

A) " Lemmy" Motörhead" or GB referring to the overlapping generation. " It will be Funny in about 10 Years"

B) Marilym Manson or G.B referring to the flock. " Anyone who thinks they're happy should really see a doctor, because there is no reason to be happy"

c) Ozzy Osburne or G.B referring to the flock " I love you all, I love you more than life itself, because you're all fcuking mad"

The Rebel.

• freddo
    freddo

Eleanor Rigby was very good in 1966 - about the loneliness of people.

The teeth in the jar by the door was simply a reference to her old age and putting her dentures in a glass of cleaning fluid at night for the next day.

"Father McKenzie - writing the lines of a sermon that no-one will hear ... all the lonely people, where do they all come from ... "

Could be written for the hopelessness of some of the Watchtower slaves actually.

Quite haunting.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for explaining the meaning to the songs, freddo & lostandfound. I guess all songs like the book of revelation, have a deeper meaning. I just wish the Governing Body members, we're like the Rock Stars who become victims to the stress and pressure and quit.

Anyway all these posts have taken the thread off topic, now what was the topic again? Oh yes, how could Ian X, having discovered TTATT, and not needing return for family reasons, then return so Jehover didn't destroy him at Armeggedon? I mean he doesn't even belief in the stuff anymore!! Any explanations?

The Rebel.

• jaydee
    jaydee

........hedge your bets....?..........

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Wr3XydtMLYj2MWLA_-VjzFX6mwbLhbUpP6YzZaZoZmpX_AExPw

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Jaydee " Hedge your bets...?

The Rebel " I hope your joking, I reckon Ian X must mave half a brick missing, or maybe as " lostandfound" said he simply smoked to much Lysorgig and dicylide:- LSD.

I still think Lennon and McCartney, could have written a great Revelation it's Grand Climax at Hand. I wonder what the guy was smoking that actually wrote that noncence, whatever it was I'd like to try some:-)

The Rebel.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Rebel,

He obviously never broke free. When he stopped going he was mentally still a believer. Just wanted to disobey the WT rules.......he couldn't have thought the rules were wrong though.

Lots of JWs leave and still are mentally attached to WT.

Kate xx

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Kate, you are right, " mentally still in". So Ian X only drifted. Still it hurt me to see a person I thought had discovered their " real self". And then on Sunday there was no trace of that high-spirited " real self". On Sunday I saw a clone, with out any individuality. On Sunday I say a clean shaven, suit and tie. On Sunday in short I saw NOT an individual but a witness clone. SAD.

The Rebel.

p.s glad you and I are free.

• stillin
    stillin
    Fantasy. Both the egg man and the walrus. Oh, AND canned TRUTH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit