PIMO crisis please help

by DanShanks 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanShanks
    DanShanks

Im so confused right now.

Brought up in the truth many generations, never doubted anything at all until recently.

Been listening to JohnCedars videos about the GB member buying all that alcohol, and other videos.

What has happened about Tony Morris? Is he been taken off the GB, or will they overlook his drinking problem?

I cant get my head round that Denmark assembally hall being in the shape of the Eye of Horus, and the masionic rings worn by GB members, and all the other bling expansive watches and tie pins.

But I dont want to lose all my friends and family. I want to still go to the parties and gatherings and keep being able to talk to them all,

Also I like going to meetings and going to ministry groups, although I dont really do a lot of ministry, usualy say going on 'calls' or park witnessing or if do first call only do a little and then end up having coffee or something.

I wonder how many others are PIMO

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

If you still want the social life say nothing and just keep going through the motions.

I imagine there are a lot of PIMO members that just stay for their social life.

I remember years ago when I was a teenager, an elder in our congregation told me he doesn't believe in the existence of Satan.

The only thing that I would have an issue with is witnessing and trying to recruit new members to a religion I know is B******t!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Don't focus at the not urgent subjects like the Danmark property and Tony III.

Keep contact with your family, give them food for thought and make a distance from the believe system but slow, not in a hurry. It took us 8 years to fade with succes.

Take care for your self.

Gorby

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

It's your life, do what is right for you.

• stillin
    stillin

Don't forget that some people are just plain deceitful. They'll be your "friend" but if you confide in them they'll go blabbing to the elders just to appear spiritual. Be very careful and plan your way out.

• GetMeOutofHere
    GetMeOutofHere

I’m with you as a PIMO. Just starting to figure it all out myself too.

I think the Tony Morris alcohol buying has been blown a little out of proportion. As a former bethelite myself, what he was buying was nothing out of the ordinary although he certainly ‘stumbled’. However when I see him on JW broadcasting I feel such disdain for the man. He really is an embarrassment in the way he desires the death of millions.

I think there are many many PIMO brothers and sisters in the organization but many are helpless and hopeless in that they are simply locked inside. It really is a desperate situation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS religion is a fraud built up by deception, lies and corruption through men running their own religious publishing house .

Based from that fact and that it still activity apostate against Jehovah and and son you have very little chance of gaining salvation by supporting it or associating with it.

Problem with most people who became JWS is that they didn't read the bible carefully particularly the NT and the words of Jesus Christ, without the WTS's interpretive intervention.

When doing so you become aware of the false prophesying this organization has been involved in since its inception in the late 1800's with the WTS and all throughout the 20th century.

.......and no Jehovah never would have chosen this organization for its sinning unloyal false doctrines.

It nevertheless is an ongoing act of freewheeling unregulated charlatanism, that implements exploitation and manipulation over its following adherents.

• Simon
    Simon
    But I dont want to lose all my friends and family. I want to still go to the parties and gatherings and keep being able to talk to them all,

That's what you want, but it may not be what they want - they may want to go to gatherings with people who really believe it ... or not, who knows?

Also I like going to meetings and going to ministry groups, although I dont really do a lot of ministry, usualy say going on 'calls' or park witnessing or if do first call only do a little and then end up having coffee or something.

What you are doing is mistaking some form of companionship with true friendship. It's because they are the only contacts you have and you've been taught that they are the only ones you should have, need, and can have.

If you say what you believe and these people drop you so you don't have the gatherings and the coffee mornings, are they really your friends?

Why not invest some time and effort into making friends outside of this limited circle who enjoy your company for who you are, not simply because you wear the same badge (until you take it off) ?

You like the 'social' aspect but you don't really believe it. You can keep it, you just need to go through the motions for the rest of your life. They are becoming more of a lifestyle religion so that may become easier, but there's always the risk that something will make you not want to keep up the charade.

Religion is like work. You may be happy in your job, you may never think you'll leave. But you don't know what the future holds. Even the best, most dedicated employee should keep their resume updated and an eye to the future and not be blind to possible alternatives. At least have some contacts outside of the company in case you need to change careers.

Make some friends that are not witnesses and you might realize that what you imagined were friends weren't really that at all.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Why not invest some time and effort into making friends outside of this limited circle who enjoy your company for who you are, not simply because you wear the same badge (until you take it off) ?

This is the best comment so far. I was raised in the "truth". By the time I was around 14 I could see the hypocrisy. By the time I was 15, I could see that their way of life was not a good way of living. (Meetings and more meetings and conventions, and special days) Then there was the reality of having to live under a microscope by a group of men called elders who were just men, and most of them uneducated and basically losers compared to other men who did something with their lives. Then having to run every detail of your life past the entire congregation to see if it's approved. Things like what to wear, what kind of haircut is acceptable, no beards for men, what kind of car is acceptable to buy, who you can date, or you can't date unless you are going to marry. I couldn't see myself living this kind of life.

A person who is PIMO and is conflicted whether to stay or leave doesn't get it yet. He/she "Doesn't understand" what's really going on. Once it "Clicks" in the brain what it really means to stay in the WT for the sake of friends and family, then that person leaves without hesitation and starts living a NORMAL LIFE.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am in agreement with what has been said so far.

My wife and I walked away many decades ago. We both accept, that as far as we know there will be no resurrection, heaven or hell. We will return to what we were before we were born. While in the present we live a life that makes this world a tiny bit better.

When Jonestown happened in 1978 https://www.britannica.com/event/Jonestown-massacre

I came to understand that the JW religion was also a death cult not only because of their false doctrine that prevented life saving blood transfusion's for it's followers....... but also their insistence that Armageddon was going to destroy well over 8 billion people and that only JW's would survive. Utter nonsense and we were not fools.

That doctrine dehumanizes billions of law abiding people, families children etc.

To believe that is to deny your humanity and your intelligence.

Being a JW means you are living a lie......... a very dangerous lie.

Get out now....... and regain your dignity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit