US SOLE DISSENTING "VETO" VOTE ON UN COUNCIL TO PREVENT PALESTINIAN UN MEMBERSHIP!!!

by Golden4Altar 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden4Altar
    Golden4Altar

US SOLE DISSENTING "VETO" VOTE ON UN COUNCIL TO PREVENT PALESTINIAN UN MEMBERSHIP!!!

The obvious wickedness of USA . . . on world wide display!

Here is the link to video: https://jehovahstruth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99

G4A

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

As passionately as we all wish for a resolution to the situation in Palestine, sometimes we just don't have enough of the facts to be able to understand a complex situation.

U.S. deputy ambassador Robert Wood told the Security Council that the veto “does not reflect opposition to Palestinian statehood but instead is an acknowledgment that it will only come from direct negotiations between the parties."

The United States has “been very clear consistently that premature actions in New York — even with the best intentions — will not achieve statehood for the Palestinian people,” deputy State Department spokesman Vedant Patel said.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The real problem is that all of Islam is surrounding Israel. The moment you give Palestine statehood is the moment you provide the gun for shooting Israel right in the head. At least the way it is now the weapons are from afar.

Islam means to conquer the world because their one prophet believed violence was the answer. The day Islam or all Muslims start letting their followers convert to Christianity or any other religion without the death penalty is the day I will start fighting for Palestinian statehood.

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

Here is the UN's statement, for clarity.

UN press release

Algeria's draft resolution provided an opportunity for political posturing by those inclined that way, and nothing more.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Fuck Islam! World largest, most dangerous cult. If it were up to Islam, we'd all be living like Bronze Age goat herders under a murderous theocracy, just like Afghanistan today.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Perhaps I was under the misimpression that the UN Charter accepts only member nations who are actually sovereign nations. During the Clinton administration, Yasser Arafat rejected statehood for Palaestine, so they remained an occupied territiory of Israel. There are probably exceptions... Can anyone tell me the details of how they almost were voted in as a member nation when they are not a nation?

Korea stated adding that its vote today “does not constitute bilateral recognition of Palestine as a State”.

Maybe my old neighborhood should apply to become a member nation. Most member nations don't pay their fair share of dues so we would not that to concern us. Someone else could pay our dues - or not. There must be some benefits - right? Free coffee?

I recall that WTC really chafed that the Vatican was a sovereign nation. All they could become was an NGO. Life is so unfair!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit