Hypothetical Memo to the G.B. From the Writing Committee

by The Searcher 7 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Dear Glorious Ones, we feel certain that our statement in the February 2017 Watchtower - "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction" - will assuredly save each one of you from taking a bullet this year when the Australian Royal Commission and the U.K. Charities Commission's findings are made public and inflict punitive measures on the organization for its historical failure to weed out pedophile and to protect children. If the minions are challenged, they now have a ready-made conversation stopper and can show it to dissenters on their electronic devices.

Be assured of our warm Christian groveling and sycophancy,

The Writing Committee.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I suspect that some elements of the above are more reality than hypothetical...

Especially "groveling and sycophancy".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yet the bizarre thing is that they have also instructed the R&F to be ready obey any directions "whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not" and may not "appear practical from a human standpoint". (WT 2013 11/15). This direction is described as "life-saving".

The same paragraph implores witnesses to put their trust in the GB above anything else.

Now they are making it clear their decisions could be wrong, could be mistaken. Can they really expect blind obedience in every case? I wonder how the R&F will square this circle?

Sorry - I forgot. The conclusion that the two positions are logically mutually exclusive will simply be ignored.

• pbrow
    pbrow

That is awesome.... This is a step in the right direction... This gives irrefutable in print ammo for the fading class to use in the fight against the cow eyed elders.

hey koncept.... I like that phrase... "making it clear their decisions could be wrong" In my view (not inspired or infallible) this will allow awake persons still trapped inside to start making waves.

pbrow

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Of course the reality is that both the GB and the R&F will continue with the status quo and assume that everything the GB says is correct until they say it isn't. What the Feb 17 statement makes clear is that when a mistake is made, when a 180 degree turn is made then they don't claim infallibility or direct divine inspiration. They are simply doing their best to provide the right food at the proper time.

What the GB hopes is that this is enough for everyone, placating them with the assurance that even though they were wrong, they were wrong for the right reasons and with the best of intentions.

• freddo
    freddo

And in the dumbed down Simplified version of the same magazine article I quote:

para 12. "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor perfect. It can make mistakes when explaining the Bible or directing the organization."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Thanks Freddo. On your lead I thought I'd remind myself what the simplified edition of the 11/15 2013 WT said. It makes it very nice and simple...

At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives.

To be fair the context of the paragraph is about "when the Assyrian attacks" and future persecution prior to the big A but the point remains - we are meant to obey without question and forgive any errors in instructions that may not be quite as life-saving as we might initially believe since the GB are perfectly entitled to make mistakes.

With life-saving directions.

That's if we are still alive to forgive the GB for cocking it up.

And if we are not worried that God is so impotent so as not be able to provide his own fecking representatives with the right instructions at the most critical point in time.

What a bunch of fecking morons.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Once again, the words of the fallible MUST be treated as infallible. This puts Donald Trump on the short list to be the next GB member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit