JW Businessmen

by NotFormer 5 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I was never a JW, but came across a few in my travels. One JW businessman I dealt with seemed to be honest, trustworthy and reputable 👍👌. Another I knew was the kind of bloke who, if he told me that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I'd watch sunrise and sunset just to make sure. 🙄

What was your experience of JWs in business? Examples of Christian conduct? Thieves and charlatans? Mixes of good and bad, like any group of fellow human beings? Any examples worthy of repetition here?

• New day
    New day

I have found they are a mixture of good and bad. Some straight and honest, everything in order. Others were not downright blatantly dishonest, but fudged on taxes and didn’t give receipts for work done. One elder did a job in my house and never issued a receipt. It didn’t work but I didn’t chase him as it didn’t cost very much. When I got somebody else (non Witness) to clean up his mess they were laughing at how badly he had done the job, basically inferring that he was a cowboy! Another elder employed a lot of bros and sis and subtly used this to try to influence both the body of elders and the cong to do things his way in the congregation. Some people were afraid to disagree with him in case it affected their job prospects.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yup a mixture of good and bad. I knew of one brother who fired another for dishonesty.

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I would say more honest & trustworthy.than non JW. The non JW is driven by $$ and material things and they answer to no one. However, the JW has other higher priorities than work so non driven by material things. They know full well they are accountable to a higher power - so they are more honest.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

One elder/PO still owes me £1000 for work done in 1998……

I found they were no different to normal people. Many are good and honest, many are self employed and openly don’t pay their taxes as they should, almost an entitled - we are JW’s and this world is coming to an end …point of view. In reality it is criminal and immoral.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

the things I saw was witnesses expected special treatment/ deals from other witnesses. And it didn't need to be a business. Case is point was a sister who was a waitress. She knew if she waited on us, we were going to tip her...she was more attentive to the other diners than us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit