Fellow exElders: did you ever get to hear of ...

by no-zombie 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

When I was serving as an Elder, it because relatively common to hear of wild drunken house parties of Witness youths. I investigated one, it was so bad that the cops turned up and found empty bottles of whiskey on the lawn and smashed out on the road. But every led went cold, with all the kids clamming up. However one parents say to me (with a smile) that I wasn't going to get very far at all, as most of them were children of other Elders from the greater area, and I was just wasting my time.

He was right, of course ... I did just waste my time.

In another party I learnt that some boys used to bring condoms in their wallets ... and they weren't used for party tricks either.

It used to blow my mind, as the main suspects were never fringe dwellers and were always very presentable at meetings and assemblies. I found it hard to comprehend all of it, as was a sort of mobile phone organized underground sub-culture, were kids from all over the city used to hook up.

Were these things common in your circuit too? Or was it just us?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

sunday evenings after a circuit arsembly--crowds of teenage kids would "congregate" for a house party in Birmingham UK mid 60s. I was usually the organiser. No elders back then though.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

fast forward to mid 90's--i was talking to a fence sitting jw--who said the kids were holding " get outta the truth" parties.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

In my circuit, it was the COBE/HLC elder who had all the empty whiskey/vodka/etc bottles all over his office and who started cracking the beers at 9 am and who was into weird/unscriptural/loose/brazen conduct type stuff.

(And I knew a lot of other elders who were into "unscriptural behavior" stuff or their wives/kids were and they covered for it all the while they kept their "privileges".)

So it doesn't surprise me that any others would too and still "keep up appearances". They all cover for each other. The entire leadership structure in the borg is based on appearance rather than substance. That's why you can get "disfellowshipped" for keeping integrity but others get "promoted" for abuse of authority and idolatry while doing other nasty things.

Matthew 23:25-28

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of greediness and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may also become clean.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. In the same way, on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."

Jesus is going to remove the entire JWborgland leadership structure, because it doesn't really represent God or Christ. It's just for "keeping up appearances" while making money/prominence for the WTBT$ Pharisee-people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkFKY2pddc

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

*sigh* I missed out. Not to say that there weren't plenty of youths who would have done this, but my mother was one of several parents who wouldn't ever have let us out of her sight until we were 18. And honestly, I was too much of a square to ever have gone to such a party without spilling the beans as soon as possible.

Being raised by fundies sucks.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I dealt with one. It was iike sorting out a 50 gallon drum of overcooked spaghetti. We finally called it quits and told our young hooligans to not do it again.

The whole episode made me feel silly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Unfortunately, I only heard of them AFTER they were over.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

The JWs I knew must have been a rather straight-laced lot ; I never knew of any of these type of occurrences.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

How come I never got invited to these parties. Lol

Seriously though, it’s not the elders kids, it’s the elders themselves you have to worry about. Apart from Tony Morris, I knew of 2 previous elders, and one currently serving elder, who are alcoholics. The currently serving elders father, as relayed to me by my PIMI father, was also a raging alcoholic. So I guess that makes 4 in a 200km radius.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit