Elder lying to me about a child molester.

by karter 7 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

I was talking to an Elder recently about all sorts of things non J.W related.

He said something about a guy in his congregation who is related to my ex wife and molested a little girl.

I said " i don't want to hear anything about that guy after what he did"

Elder"I dont know what he did"

Me" He is a child sex offender"

Elder"Ahhh i didnt know that"

Me "So when he moved to your congregation a letter from his last congregation was not read out?

Elder"I cant talk about that"

I leaft it at that as i couldn't be bothered talking about it any more but think i made my point.

Karter.

• cha ching
    cha ching

It is so weird, isn't It? How someone who can one moment be giving a talk about a "God of truth", or counseling someone to "tell the truth"..... or maybe even bragging that "JWs have the truth", and then stare you right in the face and lie to you..

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Me" He is a child sex offender"
    Elder"Ahhh i didnt know that"
    Me "So when he moved to your congregation a letter from his last congregation was not read out?

Yeah, he didn't have a clue did he, lying MoFo's, yet still counsel others on how Jehovah wants them to conduct their lives, which I'm sure doesn't include lying . !!

• zeb
    zeb

Tell lies and half lies of course they can --m sheesh! just take in the footage from the ARC!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I know very well that the entire WT organization can't care less about the welfare of children. However, every time I hear stories like this makes me very angry.

• Island Man
    Island Man

But remember: according to Watchtower's definition of lying, it's not really a lie if the elder believes you're not entitled to know the truth.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Maybe nothing was in the letter about him being a molester?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Starts off at the 16 min. Very similar situation to what you mentioned. https://youtu.be/aqEMkxHTj4w

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit