Depression Website and Support

by shamus 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• shamus
    shamus

www.wingofmadness.com

This website is excellent for anyone who is suffering from depression. It helped me immensely when I left the borg - in fact, it saved my life. It has many interesting links from:

- telling if you are depressed (depression test)

- what to do if you are feeling depressed

- what to do if you have been diagnosed with depression

- support for friends and family of depressed friends / spouses (message board)

- links to other message boards of those who suffer from depression and need some support (EXCELLENT SUPPORT IS OUT THERE!)

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Thank you Shamus, I'll check it out!

hugs

essie

www.ghostwriter.homestead.com

• shamus
    shamus

No worries, Esmerelda!

I belong to one of the message boards there, but also belong to another one geared more for the younger crowd. If you want the link, just reply to this message and I'll send it to you via private message (I don't think that the moderator wants it advertised everywhere)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Can I just say, regardless of it being a site with good intent, reading through the traits of depression actually made me feel really depressed. Partly becuase they are worded "You feel like this and that" in effect telling you how you feel. Lists of statements like this do affect the impressionable.

• shamus
    shamus

True, Ballistic.

The site is only for those who think or who are diagnosed with depression. If you don't think that you don't have depression, then any normal person would be bored with the posts - plus, they could not understand it.

I suffered with depression since I was 8. Now I am 32, and was a big reason for me becoming brainwashed into the borg. (Although nobody ever knew of my medical condition, and I was highly secrative of it.) It makes people scared to admit that they suffer from the disease and get help - suicide is the number 2 killer of young people today.

• shamus
    shamus

Oh - sorry! I forgot to mention that only a doctor can diagnose depression. Someone who "feels depressed" needs to go see a doctor before running around saying that they suffer from depression.

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL

• shamus
    shamus

Don't let anyone get you down just b/c they laugh at depression. Its like laughing at someone in a wheelchair. Thats why nobody knows that I have it, and never will in the RW.

• shamus
    shamus

Sorry Ballistic -

I am bad with words - I did not mean them as they implied. Wish that there was a damn edit button......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit