Jehovah`s Witnesses / Governing Body Claim To Abhor Child Sexual Abuse Within Their Congregations /Members who are victims.?

by smiddy3 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So my question to them is why have they continually failed to report incidents of child sexual abuse of child members in their congregations to the appropriate authorities ,either police or child protection agency`s, when they are holding judicial committees into these allegations in their congregations when they occur or even some time after ?. they have consistently failed to do so.

And this failure to do so is not confined to one country ,it is a pattern that is repeated worldwide ,in one country after another country . (Worldwide where they operate in )

Thankfully the ARC into Institutions Of child sex abuse has brought this to the fore.

The results of which are to be handed down on December the 14TH I believe.In Australia.

I just hope this ARC is not just going to be a paper tiger.

{ Remember this does not just focus on JW `s it encompasses all Institutions with children}

• Half banana
    Half banana
    why have they continually failed to report incidents of child sexual abuse of child members in their congregations to the appropriate authorities?

In essence I would suggest that they must have something to hide.

At the second level I would say that to compensate for the fact that they are selling something dishonourable, namely a false promise of everlasting life, they want to project an image of a divinely blessed church.

Underneath this public facade there is the reality that JWs are just like the rest of the population and subject to crime greed and lust although usually they are kept under control by strict congregational monitoring. However as the ARC found the JW system is an ideal place for paedophiles to operate and the reason is because they operate under the radar in a culture which is infinitely more concerned for public image than helping those who are abused. "Two witnesses" is a heartless excuse to justify their stance-- but knowingly it speaks to the faithful.

I would go deeper and say that JW culture is predicated on two psychologically fixed ideas both of which are devoid of factual evidence. The first is, with only tradition to support it, that the Bible is the inerrant word of God and secondly that from the Bible it is possible to support an idea of paradise and a time when world destruction will come to make way for it.

JWs are constitutionally bound to these flimsy propositions and require constant propaganda to maintain them, the only evidence the JW org have for being right is the smiling faces of a community enjoying a "spiritual paradise".

If JW Org had admitted there was paedophilia in their ranks their public image would be sullied and the evidence for their dream would evaporate. Perhaps this is happening now?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The answer to your question is in you question. They CLAIM that they abhor child sexual abuse, the same way that they claim that they are going to live forever in paradise on Earth, and that they are not part of the world, and that... ok, I don't have to give a list of their stupid, ridiculous claims.

Just because they say something, it doesn't mean that they are being truthful. They are just lying.

• flipper
  • John Davis
    John Davis

smiddy3 the only thing the ARC can do is submit a report. They are not a legislative body, they cannot change laws can only make recommendations that can be followed or ignored by the federal government or the local governments.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Basically the WT corporation made a true but very vague statement and they didn't specify why they abhor Child Abuse. They could abhor it because it brings reproach on their Organization, opens them up to lawsuits, and scandals which makes it harder to get new recruits for their slave/volunteer labor workers to make money and gain assets. So yay they abhor it all right because for many reasons but all of them extremely selfish.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good point smidday 3!!!!!!!

if the Watchtower can investigate the child abuse with a committee before they have two Witnesses they can let the police investigate child abuse before there are two witnesses.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Very true John Davis

,I only hope that if the federal or Local Governments don`t act on the ARC `s recommendations that we collectively, and people on other ex JW sites can bring pressure on the Govts. to do so.

To give justice for the victims.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

It is disgusting that the GB move the responsibility from the elders to the family. In their letter of September 17, 2017 to the congregation elders, they clearly stated : (direct lift)

"Therefore, the victim, her parents, or anyone else who reports such an allegation to the elders should be clearly informed that they have the right to report the matter to the secular authorities.

Elders do not criticize anyone who chooses to make such a report.—Gal. 6:5.

4. The Scriptures place the responsibility on parents for teaching and protecting their children. (Eph. 6:4) As spiritual shepherds, elders can help parents to shoulder their Scriptural responsibility. Our publications and website contain much helpful information to assist parents.—w10 11/1 p. 13; w08 10/1 p. 21; g 10/07 pp. 3-11; lr pp. 170-171; g99 4/8 pp. 8-11; g97 4/8 p. 14; w96

12/1 pp. 13-14 pars. 18-19; fy pp. 61-62 pars. 24-26; g93 10/8 pp. 5-13; g85 1/22 pp. 3-10."

What is wrong with the elders going straight to the police? If their own child was a victim, would they also hmmm and hum about what to do?

It is beyond normal comprehension which is so sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit