I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Hi S&L. At some time in your life you have to step into the void. I know some have been a bit brutal but quite honestly they are right. You do have to grow a pair. You have to make a decision, hang in there and deny that you are apostate or make a clean break. Fear of what may happen is very unhelpful. Either way you will survive and grow up and find your way to the rest of your life.

Being a dub is not the best preparation for life but if you are prepared to work you will find a way through it. The main thing, just make a decision, follow it through and take control of your own life.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

In a sense, this thread is testing us out here.

People wonder why brothers stay in the congregation, then are amazed that the prospect of simultaneous homelessness and unemployment are a hindrance.

I'm sure we can be supportive without the "grow up" advice.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

Finding out the truth about the truth is indeed scary, and as such it requires much of your time in research and meditation on that research. Stick to the research first, it will make you more confident with your decisions.

You need more confidence to move forward, so do the leg work to ensure you know what your getting yourself out of. Its one thing to actually leave, its another to know why. As an example, and only an example, if the return to Jehovah brochure speaks to you, then you really haven't done your research.

You can find this is a good community of friends, but like the KH it can be tough as well because many others have gone through similar (but not the same) experiences of dealing with the immense pain of leaving that is caused by many.

I was terrified my wife was going to kick me out, so my goal was to educate myself about the truth, and then I learned to wake up her mind. So what is your goals?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"I work for a brother cleaning offices". I know of a brother who is a elder employed by

the school district as a supervisor because of his years in the janitor work and his

communication skills. Just a thought for you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I had a feeling this was a troll by the daft username, by the way Scared and Lonely I am very rich as I won the national lottery twice in successive months, the first win was £10 million and the last win was only £5 million so hopefully I might win it again soon, if you would some cash name the amount and I'd be only too pleased to wire it to you, will £1million be ok?
  • just fine
    just fine

Fear is not going to help you in this instance. You need to make a plan, then the fear can dissipate and you can see what your next steps are. If you are in the U.S. Each county has services that can help you. The Red Cross provides housing assistance, so do many county organizations. There are job counsellors at the county too. From my leaving experience, it's rarely as bad as you are imagining. Deep breath, stop the fear, make a plan.

I moved more than a thousand miles away from where I grew up, to a place I didn't know a soul, or have any support system. I made it and you will too.

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

I'm reading through the replies and am so grateful for the practical advice and support. It's just after 11pm here in UK and I have a 5 am start so will reply in full tomorrow once I've finished work.

thank you for giving me perspective. I appreciate it

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

I had a feeling this was a troll by the daft username, by the way Scared and Lonely I am very rich as I won the national lottery twice in successive months, the first win was £10 million and the last win was only £5 million so hopefully I might win it again soon, if you would some cash name the amount and I'd be only too pleased to wire it to you, will £1million be okay?

Is there really any need for that reply?

Perhaps my username is daft but it expresses how I feel on such a life changing situation. I AM scared. I AM lonely.

if you took the time to read my replies you can see how apologetic I was and what I'm trying to do with my life.

Things are hard enough as it is without reading sarcastic comments like that.

I have been told to 'grow a pair' more than once on this forum. It seems that life on the outside is going to be as hard as I thought it would be with attitudes like yours.

I really don't need unhelpful comments like that especially from people who are meant to be on my side.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    hey S&L seeing you are in the UK perhaps we could meet up, I live in London, I'll give you your cash personally! let me know the time ?
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    I'm not sure how old you are but starting over can be scary but also exciting. Not sure how it's in the UK, but perhaps you can go to college to start a new career.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit