I am leaving the JW's . I am alone and scared. Advice and help needed please

by scared and lonely 161 Replies latest jw experiences

• scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

I have confirmed who I am to at least 3 people privately and infact one of them scarily knows many people in my circuit.

With unhinged people like wingcommander around there is absolutely no way I will give away sensitive information publicly on this forum.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Hi there scared and lonely

Just like in the kingdom hall , they are no guarantees. You can marry a pioneer sister, a bethelite , what ever, and end up with an awful person.

Well it's that way here too.

In fact you need to learn this one fast because this is just life. We were taught to lower our guard down while being around the brothers . You may feel you can do that here, Well, you cant, not without risks.

I would not say anything of a private nature anymore, [in P.M. , things can get shared around] especially to the ones demanding it. that is just to rich :-(

You have the opportunity to meet some nice and not so nice people here, if you want.

I would get help from a private source and maybe just general support from likeminded people here. Some times the less you say publicly, the better. Be careful when writing when your emotions are running high. your judgement goes out the door.

Take care of yourself

eva

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

S&L, concerning you being an Elder despite an obvious lack of life experience, do not take it personal. It is a critical observation of the ever more common practice of the WT to assign such a role to youngsters. The word "Elder" ("Ancien" in French) obviously implies someone who has a great deal of experience and wisdom, and yet, we now see 23 year olds become "Elder".

Of course, we understand that the young Elders are especially used to provide talks and carry on administrative tasks while the older ones generally stay responsible for real matters such as shepherding calls, JCs, counselling, etc. Still, we can't help but believe that perhaps they should instead assign a greater level of responsibilities to Ministerial Servents rather than promoting young ones to "Elders".

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Can the 3 people you refer to simply come on this thread and write: "Yes, S&L did confirm who he is. He is not a troll."?
  • scared and lonely
    scared and lonely

Thank you Eva.

I think I need to step away for a bit and just observe the information on the forum rather than participate any more.

I think I have given rather a bit more information than I intended but hopefully it doesn't backfire.

Thanks again

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

At least S&L stated he goofed up on his opening post and redacted most of what he did.

That's a plausible sign of integrity.

How are doing today S&L ?

One thing that popped in mind is I think the UK has a social assistance program for people who are unemployed and in need of some finical assistance. There's a possibility of getting something at least ?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

And Wing Commander appears to be angry about practices that the majority on this board once held dear instituted by an organization whose policies you personally do not control.

in your request you didn't come off as arrogant nor did you require anyone to obey. Heck... People ask for money all the time.

Wing, I can't think of a post you've made that I didn't appreciate but right now, you aren't speaking for me. I am quite capable of declining a request without being insulting. This guy did not create your problem. The intensity of your anger makes me wonder if you've ever assaulted a street beggar. I mean... if this is all it takes. Jeez

And C'mon! Did anyone REALLY know Lett had a face made of rubber before JW TV?

still love ya

• cofty
    cofty

Some JWs are very unlikeable people. They don't get any nicer by leaving the cult.

Hope you are doing ok S&L

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

I can see a time in the future when 'Scared and Lonely' will regret choosing that name for himself before he realises it's not changeable..

There's nothing to be afraid of sir.. except that you may be about to actually live life for the very first time. How exciting! What an adventure you have ahead of you.. be grateful and grab this opportunity with both hands. Leap into and embrace the unknown!! Whoohooo....

• undercover
    undercover
    I have been unhappy for so long and wanted to leave. I tried to slip away but they would't have it and now that I have expressed doubts they are pushing for me to disassociate myself because they think I am apostate which I am not.

I've got news for you... yes, you are an apostate. Or at least well on your way to being one.

But don't let that bother you. It's just a word. It's a word that some religions use to keep fear instilled in their members, but in the end it doesn't really mean anything harmful will come to you. Once you come to terms with having been a member of a cult religion and you have fully escaped, then being called an apostate by current members of the cult will be a badge of honor to some degree. Embrace it and wear it with pride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit