A question on time...

by Andyman 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Andyman
    Andyman

Some time back I read something about a new time arrangement involving 15 minutes of time being turned in. Does anyone have the whole story about this? Does a person get a whole hour for only 15 minutes of preaching? Is the something that is being abused so that the time cards meet the national averages?

I am really curious as how this works.

Thanks in advance.

Take care.

Andyman:

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Well, I think it goes like this: If you are on the JWD forum under the guise of searching for poor lost and weak JW's on the fringe, and your computer goes "down", you can continue to count the time, until it comes "back up" again. (But no longer than fifteen minutes) However, if you shut your computer down, and then come back later, you absolutely cannot count the time in between....and if you come clean, you will have to go before the elder-berry patch.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I had one of them,but the wheel fell off.

Cheers,

Rich.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The deal on the 15 minute thing is that infirm people, including very old JWs too weak to do the regular preaching thing, can with the approval of bodies of elders "turn in time" in blocks of 15 minutes. That way the Society lets them still be "regular publishers" rather than "irregular publishers" even if they can only turn in 15 minutes a month. This seems to have given roughly a 1% increase in the count of publishers during the 2002 service year.

Of course, this is only an accounting change, which would be unnecessary if the Society were not so stupid as to require "counting time" in the first place, and placing negative labels on those who can't follow their silly program. As if the labels "regular" and "irregular" mean anything to God or anyone besides JWs.

AlanF

• rocketman
    rocketman

Alan F said: can with the approval of bodies of elders "turn in time" in blocks of 15 minutes. Yep, gotta have that elder "approval" now, don't they?

• freedom96
    freedom96

Just a quick thought that never occured to me before.

The mere fact of having to turn time in........... doesn't that just sound cultish??

Think about it. You turn in your time. If it is above national standards, then you might get a pat on the back. If you pioneer, even better. If your hours are less than average, you are considered weak. As the time gets less and less, you will get visits from the elders. You don't go at all, then watch out!

• avengers
    avengers

Pioniers in the past whom I knew had their own "tricks" to count time.

Before you go to discuss the daily scripture and pray before the service, you go and do one house. Make sure you find a house where someone is home.
    After witnessing to this person you can just continue counting, even during prayer. Time stops after you do your last house.
    This way you can count hours and hours a day.
    I saw this happen. As a matter of fact I fell for the same practice during my "pioniering days".

Even in those days it puzzled me. bad me. bad me.

Andy

• metatron
    metatron

Be like me! a fake publisher!

Turn in time that's completely bogus and keep the elders away!

Be able to tell yourself that Watchtower stats are false --- because they include you as a publisher when you're not!

metatron

• undercover
    undercover
    Before you go to discuss the daily scripture and pray before the service, you go and do one house. Make sure you find a house where someone is home.
    After witnessing to this person you can just continue counting, even during prayer. Time stops after you do your last house.
    This way you can count hours and hours a day.

Why not, on the drive to the KH, roll down the window, yell at a passerby, "Praise Jehovah" and start your time then? Same thing on the way home. Wait till get almost home, throw an old mag on somebody's yard. You can count all day that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit