I heard that Watchtower get Government funding

by Mozzie 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

Being a recognized religion here in Australia i heard they get government funding.....If this is true, i don;t see why as they seem to do okay funding themselves

• kramer
    kramer

You heard wrong

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have read they get grant money for sending ministers to prisons and also for doing some other programs.

• Mephis
    Mephis

There are also tax exemptions and rebates, which is a form of government subsidy for religions dating back to the assumption that religions do something of benefit for the societies they operate within. You'd have to check the specifics in Australia for those, but in the UK even something as simple as property taxes not needing to be paid every year will save them a lot of money.

• blondie
    blondie

So why do you think that the WTS cannot accept government money in Australia...under separation of church and state like in the US?

jws can hold government jobs except military and state department.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes, they get government grants.

The WTS received a nice grant from some New York association...right before they sponsored the film "Knocking"

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

This was a question asked yesterday here at home about this, so i have been looking around everywhere but can't find anything about it. They do get tax exemptions but i cannot see funding unless they are hiding it really well

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

In northern Europé the WTBS proudly announced 20-30 years ago, that they never accepted any “worldly” contribution for their activities. That included governmental subsidy. Today they have applied for subsidies from the state for youth and educational matters….They have all the time been refused.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit