Albany RC...Trans Union Article. Lots of empty seats!

by ToesUp 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Times Union Jehovahs Witnesses Assembly

Did anyone attend the Albany assembly? The photos in this article shows many empty seats!

The article mentioned this was on Sunday:

"Regional Jehovah's Witnesses Convention at the Times Union Center on Sunday, July 10, 2016, in Albany, N.Y."

Would be great to get the attendance amount for someone who attended.

Edited: The comments stated 4000 in attendance, 20 baptized.

• sir82
    sir82

They rent facilities with a larger capacity than the number of people assigned to the convention.

I did not go to Albany, but where I did go, the attendance varied from about 7500-9000. The facility can hold 14,000+, so there were plenty of empty seats.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Last assembly I went to they were packed in like sardines and the attendants were like little hitlers when it came to where you sat. Have not been to an assembly in over 3 years. Wishful thinking, I guess.

• nelim
    nelim

From the link: "Hans Hollis, regional media contact for the Convention, ... 'Throughout the weekend there are talks based on specific examples taken out of the Bible to highlight people who had the resolve to do what is right under difficult circumstances', Hollis said."

That's one way to put it, except that the difficult circumstances are caused by the organization itself! Quite an important piece of information he left out there, don't you think?

• bohm
    bohm
    That's one way to put it, except that the difficult circumstances are caused by the organization itself! Quite an important piece of information he left out there, don't you think?

Yah, and when they say "do what is right" then "right" means "what we say" and includes emotionally blackmailing your kids out of a hobby, killing yourself by refusing blood and shunning your kids.

We must give it to the JWs that they got the upper hand when it comes to press contact... every year they get to peddle bullshit in press fluff pieces.

• average joe
    average joe

whatever arena or stadium is close is usually chosen if an agreement on price and availability can be reached ( reserved well in advance). This means that a sports arena normally used for 14,000 or more may be rented to jws. They will use the the arena to host any number of conventions often renting the building for several weekends in a row per area. One weekend will have many the next less . There are many many conventions in each state weekend after weekend.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Where I used to go, they used to have 3 weekends reduced it to two , closed off all the upper level seats and told people that other were assigned elsewhere. I'm sure this was done to hide the decline in numbers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit