Why A Divine Being is Possible

by looter 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw...'you think you're a man...but you're only a boy'...LOL....Giles Gray

I`ll get you a Date with Divine!..

There`ll be nothing left of you but Ribs and Eyeballs!..

Image result for Divine

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    "I`ll get you a Date with Divine!.."

Okay... you win...!!

Ribs and Eyeballs... sounds a bit like how the 'Divine' made Eve...

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

To the OP, of course it is possible. Even so what would be the chances that this divine being described himself only to ancient middle eastern men? That he sent his son to sacrifice his life for some reason? That all his perfect plans where foiled by two people eating an apple? If a God exists it is reasonable to say that it is not the God described in the Bible or any other "holy" book.

• atomant
    atomant

As mere mortals mankind knows nothing.

• cofty
    cofty

Speak for yourself. I know a lot of things.

I know that the god of christian theism is impossible.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

At last! A thoughtful and well thought out thread about the marvel's of creation!

I here such article's are becoming increasingly rare on this sight, so imagine my releaf to sea this!

Forces such as dust and gases are NOT the Engine's of Creation, as all of God's lovers no.

How long will it take until we admit that talking horses and yes, even talking unicorns is possible!

Ignore the worldly wisdom of "educated" men and folloe the glossolalia of the fools for God. You will prophet in the end.

[/sarcasm: OFF]

• never a jw
    never a jw

I believe he has always been in existence since the dawn of time. But I do have a propose. Maybe he created himself overtime from a weaker version? That's just a speculation and we won't know until we all die.

Looter,

You are brilliant!! I really underestimated you. I kept thinking that you were a believer using irrational arguments to convert ex-believers. But now that I got the divine spark in my brain I realized that what you really are is a non-believer posing as a believer trying to show how silly, irrational and...well, giving our current knowledge of the universe, how ridiculous the argumentation of believers is. What you really want is current believers to feel embarrassed so they can research the subject a little deeper and inevitably become non-believers. Absolutely brilliant brother!!!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Does that mean you have evidence for the existence of immortals?

• A Ha
    A Ha

Looter, so you "doubt" the laws of physics were always there, and you doubt the universe itself was always around, but then you close your eyes and just decide that God has always been around? Early in the thread, Onager posted two quotes that address your double standard: If you accept that something could have existed, uncaused, forever, then why could that not apply to the universe?

The alternative is that the universe hasn't always existed, but that still doesn't get you to God. There is no reason to say there can't be an uncaused event (it's not a logical impossibility). See the video shepherdless posted by Krauss.

• CookieMonster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit