One paragraph for Pyramidology , Governmental Authorities and Charles Taze Russell

by Longlivetherenegades 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Kudos to @terry on this one.

Watchtower July 15, 1952 page 426........

However, coming from apostate religious systems these brought with them many beliefs and practices which were, in fact, just so much wood material, hay and stubble. Among such were the beliefs that it was necessary to develop a beautiful character to get to heaven and that that was a Christian’s chief duty; the notion that Christians must appear sanctimonious and pious, evincing more concern over what men thought than over what God thought; false teachings such as that the political powers of this wicked world were the “higher powers” of Romans 13:1 who must be obeyed even though they contradicted God’s expressed commandments; that a pile of stone in Egypt constituted a witness to Jehovah (Isa. 19:19, 20); that one imperfect man living in our day was repeatedly foretold in Bible prophecy; etc.

Calling others out for false teaching while doing the very same thing and later in the years that rolls by never apologising for their mistakes and errors of pointing accusing fingers at others.

False teaching 1....false teachings such as that the political powers of this wicked world were the “higher powers” of Romans 13:1 who must be obeyed even though they contradicted God’s expressed commandments

False teaching 2...........that a pile of stone in Egypt constituted a witness to Jehovah (Isa. 19:19, 20)....pyramidology by Charles Taze Russell

False teaching 3........that one imperfect man living in our day was repeatedly foretold in Bible prophecy.....the works of Charles Taze Russell

• Earnest
    Earnest

It seems a bit strange that as late as 1952 (post-Rutherford) there was still a distinction being emphasized between Russell's time and beyond. The article (Watchtower July 15, 1952 page 426) continues to identify two classes among the Lord's people.

• Among the Lord’s people at that time were two classes. One of these was building with the durable materials by humbly, sincerely and unselfishly serving God to the best of their ability and understanding. These had, however, some of the wood, hay and stubble with them. And then there was the other class, who were self-centered, proud and insincere. These were serving God solely for what they got or hoped to get.— 2 Thess. 2 :10-12.
    • As with the illustration of the wheat and the weeds, these two classes were permitted to continue alongside each other until the harvesttime, or time for judgment, which was foretold as the time of the Lord’s coming to his temple. “Behold, I send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, will suddenly come to his temple.. . . But who can abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: and he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi, and refine them as gold and silver; and they shall offer unto Jehovah offerings in righteousness.” (Matt. 13:36-43; Mal. 3:1-3, AS) Similar prophecies are to be found at Zechariah 3:1,2; 13:9.
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The article (Watchtower July 15, 1952 page 426) continues to identify two classes among the Lord's people.

I haven't read the whole article, but here I do not think the WT is talking about the two-tier salvation plan Russel invented. It could be JW's vs. all other churches. But, I think this is referring to the JW's who stayed associated with the WT corporation and the ones who left after Rutherford wrested control of the WT legal entity.

The article goes on to say: "So they, together with their hay, wood and stubble, perished as far as Jehovah’s organization was concerned. If they had let go of these things they might have been saved."

In my JW family these people were referred to as "THE evil slave". I can still hear the whispers in the shadows my aunt would make about the "evilllll slaveeee" with a slightly contorted face. (Think of that look and whispers an older Sicilian woman might make in a movie when speaking of the "evil eye curse", becasue that's how she would say it.) Absolutely bone-chilling to an 8 year old.

Russell invented the two-tier salvation heresy in an attempt to shut up the kingdom of heaven . It has been one of the more successful attempts to hide salvation from people..

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    It seems a bit strange that as late as 1952 (post-Rutherford) there was still a distinction being emphasized between Russell's time and beyond.

Some time ago I did a lot of reading of the post- Russell literature (both WT and non/former WT) and came to the belief that

much of the dialogue as in the '52 WT quote in the OP were part of a broader debate between the WT-adherents and the

breakaway movements. Particularly the Dawn movements and the LHMM, both of which were led by former Bible Students from the

Russell period and were publishing magazines. It was a sort of intellectual sparring between the WT writers (Franz mostly in this time period)

and the Bible Students (the 'evil slave' as they were labelled by the WT at the time).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit