Similar but not the same

by Deleteandrestart 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deleteandrestart
    Deleteandrestart

After watching ceders you tube video on Muslim and jw shunning, I thought I'd look at some other ex religious you tubers, so I looked at the Mormon ones,

Theres a lot of them but what struck me was the very similar mindsets and the way the Internet made them start to question from a critical thinking point of view their own faith , it was just like another brand of the exact same thing and these people were experiencing the same thoughts as we get when we start to leave/question the "truth ",

The main difference seems t be that jw shunning is totally merciless and never ending, and no real forgiveness takes place unless you cave in .

If God was truly amongst the jw congregation, do you think he would really treat vulnerable people, misguided or lost people in this harsh and inhuman manner? And furthermore if he was among them and backing them is he apparently approving it ?

Jesus allowed people to walk away if they so desired ,as time moves forward it's becoming more and more clear that this practice is very very wrong.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Luke 17:1-4 NET
    Jesus said to his disciples, "Stumbling blocks are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come! [2] It would be better for him to have a millstone tied around his neck and be thrown into the sea than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. [3] Watch yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him. [4] Even if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times returns to you saying, 'I repent,' you must forgive him."

Matthew 18:15-17 NET"If your brother sins, go and show him his fault when the two of you are alone. If he listens to you, you have regained your brother. [16] But if he does not listen, take one or two others with you, so that at the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. [17] If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. If he refuses to listen to the church, treat him like a Gentile or a tax collector.

Don't look for any mercy from JWs. They don't particularly care what Jesus said especially if an elder feels some butthurt about the situation.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    The problem is that JWs think that they don't harbor any animosity towards disfellowshipped ones even though their attitudes don't change.
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Same 💩 Different smell
  • Simon
    Simon
    If he refuses to listen to the church, treat him like a Gentile or a tax collector

I don't know what kind of tax collectors they had in bible times but I doubt "sorry, I'm not talking to you" was a valid avoidance strategy.

Kind of a weird scripture too - seemingly advocating a racist outlook being OK compared to the parable of the good samaritan (which itself is still kind of racist too - imagine a story called "the good black man"?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit