JW Magazine Printing Numbers

by HiddenPimo 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Currently there are 3 types -

Awake 3 issues a year / 93,354,000 printed per issue

Watchtower 3 issues a year/ 93,281,000 printed per issue

Study edition is 12 issues a year / no printing numbers are shown (Is this to hide the real number of JW's?

You can lie about numbers but they won't do that at the cost of wasting literature.

In 2005 there were 4 full 32 page editions of Watchtower and Awake - To bad the printing numbers are not shown..

In 2005 the last year there the bug 4 editions - 38.5 Million on average printed per issue.

Let's just say they have cut back 'slightly'

I know this has been broken down before but I could'n't find it.

Cheers,

Jared

• Listener
    Listener

That would mean each active JW is handing out less than 32 copies of the Awake and Watchtower magazines during the year. That's just over 1 set per fortnight, if they don't keep a copy for themselves.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Now that they can`t go D2D to distribute these mags to the general public,surely these numbers will have to be reduced dramatically .

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

WTH? There are a piddly, and I mean like 50 copies available to pick up your one or two copies at the back of the hall. It is now buffet style for the mags. You are shamed if you take too many and questioned why you are not trying to start discussions more than just placing literature. There is absolutely no way they are printing that much. Last time I visited their nasty printing the press was off. This is 2020 figures? Again, WTH? People go to the door with pride only bringing their phone, including old C.O.s. BTW, I'm in the midwest.

Are they thinking they can lie about it because the placements include sending someone a link, and every invite and tract?

I'm amazed. Going to go look now.

• belogical
    belogical

Every few months I would recirculate copious unread mags to the rubbish bin

• btlc
    btlc

The most majority of printed issues lies in garages, basements and attics of JW and kingdom hall storages. I had to move a few times in my life, and each time i had to get rid off a dozens of kg of magazines, maybe thousands of copies. Each time all that paper ended in recycle bin - no one wanted it, in kingdom hall they said they have more than enough spare copies, same as other JW i asked. I am inactive for almost twenty years and i still got one cabinet full of literature. I wonder how much of that xx millions of copies 'reached the market', but for sure it is shameful waste of money and resources. Going to full online editions and reducing physical printing to minimum is only way to go. They have nothing new or smart to remain printed anyway.

• Listener
    Listener

Hidden PIMO, the figures that you have given are figures that they claim are 'produced' and are not the actual amounts printed. The amount produced can be whatever they want to claim including the amount printed and the number of times it is viewed online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit