I'm not able to update my bio

by Judgerussellford 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Since I cannot update my bio at this time let me introduce myself. Ex jw of 2 years. Was pimi for 24 and df'd for almost 3 years. Reinstated for almost 3 years and during that time I was pimo. Left shortly after marriage and my wife and most of my remaining jw family followed me. I do think most jw individuals are good people but the org is absolute filth with its treatment and brainwashing. Still a Bible believer but I go to many backgrounds for study in my personal faith such as atheists and Torah followers to name a couple. I joined today because I found a link with some old hard to find publications in them. I've been collecting a huge watchtower library and have quite a few coveted rarities. But as I've scrolled through for about 4 hours now I've found it to be a community I enjoy. I've seen that some members have passed away and I'm sorry I never got to meet them. But I'm glad to be here now and hope you are glad the same..

• Listener
    Listener

Hi Judgerusselford. It's great to hear that your wife and family left with you. I enjoy being here as well and find it a great source of information as well as a friendly forum.

Its great that that you were able to get out along with your wife and family and I hope that you find the time to share your story about this.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Welcome. Isn't it great when your wife and most of the JW family follow you out?

Still a Bible believer but I go to many backgrounds for study in my personal faith such as atheists and Torah followers to name a couple.

It is good to get a perspective from many places. It is far better than Watchtower's "our way or else" approach.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Thanks for the welcome guys! I never really thought I'd be a part of an online committee, let alone one of the oldest and longest running ones. But research actually brought me here and after browsing, I couldn't walk away. Its fascinating to be in a world where everyone has almost identical backgrounds but where we branched into so many different backstories.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you are interested Judgie, there are loads of old Threads of quality from years ago, the Search facility is at the top of the page, a bit clunky, but you can find stuff.

A good contributor from years ago was Alan Feurbacher, he posted as Alan F on here, sadly he passed away a couple of months back.

Another excellent Poster from years back, who approached things in an extremely knowledgeable and Academic way, was the Poster Leolaia , she no longer Posts, but I cherish the Education she gave me, and because of her I continue to read Academic stuff about the Bible. Enjoy !

• Simon
    Simon

Please bear with me, I'm working on a revamp that will fix a lot of issues and add improved features (including a vastly better search, you'll be happy to hear)

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Your fine Simon. My crab monster is about as wacky looking as me anyway! And phizzy, I will definitely check those threads out when I get the chance. Sorry about some of the friends here passing away. I've scrolled through a lot when I was on here yesterday and there was a lot of appreciation for those ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit