For those that have published books

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I am currently writing a book I started years ago but as in Jesus parable 'was not able to finish' lol.

So Llyod Evans in one of his interviews on a podcast mentioned he had published through Amazon so that evenng I quickly checked out how Amazon publishes etc.

For those of you who have written a book i'm curious. How would you rate Amazon publishing?

1. i'm not really looking to make money that much.

2. I want to publish anonymously.

3. I want to publish for free

I am not to worried about advertising since it's mostly ex-jws and certain others who I am gearing towards. I can worry about getting word out later.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I currently have two alternate history novels I'm selling on Amazon. The first one went on sale in April, the second last month. I'm editing a third one now. Sometime in early 2021 I hope to have another novel based on my experience as a JW published. I have been able to find a publisher through regular channels and Amazon has been a good alternative.

In response to your three points:

1) Good, you won't be disappointed. I've made about half my car payment every month with money from Amazon.

2) You can set up with a pen name

3) Obviously, it takes money to print books. Amazon takes a per book fee based on the size of the book. They send you the rest once a month, starting two months after your first sale.

It's been pretty good to me.

Make sure you sign up to make your book part of the Kindle Lending Library. It pays a little money (about a dollar for my 300 page books) each time somebody reads it from the library. I think I make most of my money that way.

Good luck to you!

• Terry
    Terry

I've used Lulu.com and Amazon. I like Lulu better, but the obvious enormous exposure of Amazon
    pushes things in that direction.
    With Lulu I got a front and back cover printed but Amazon , front cover only (text and illus).

The quality is the same either way.
    Choose your selling price judiciously. A dollar to much can squelch sales. A dollar to little and you cheat yourself.
    BTW, you'll be bombarded by e-mails from both sites offering all sorts of ancillary services, advice, editing, etc.
    I never used any of that - but I'm sure they're fine.
    Best of luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit