Faulty Decrees Conceal Criminals

by Bill Covert 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Just finished Barbara on A&E she quoted from her article "Faulty Decrees Conceal Criminals" posted on Watchtower Documents. You folks should take a couple minutes and read the article. Her quote was that Lev.5:1 required a witness to a crime to report the crime to police.

Her research revealed that Ray Franz was the writer who misapplied Lev.5:1 which was a surprise to me.

The elder mentioned who was disfellowshipped 5 times over a 30 year period, was Henderson of Red Bluff 25 miles down the road from me. According to Randal Waters on this site he lays the blame on Merton Campbell who sat on the northern California Service Desk which Barbara said was probably the same guy who screwed up the $4.250.000 unregistered securities fraud in Redding [1989] that was the beginning of my story.

Her article is a good read.

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

I'll check it out now - thanks for the tip Bill!

Can't wait to watch the A&E episode down here in Aus. It's not yet available on the A&E website.........

I'm gunna get popcorn on the way home tonight!!

• Listener
    Listener
    Her research revealed that Ray Franz was the writer who misapplied Lev.5:1which was a surprise to me.

I can't find any evidence in her article that Ray Franz was the one who misapplied the scripture and do not understand why there is this focus on him having done so. Is there a reason for this?

Even if Ray Franz had written the first article instructing JWs to inform on each other based on Leviticus 5:1, he was using a flawed bible interpretation to begin with so why blame him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit