CO Comes Up With A New Way To Be Judgemental...

by JW_Rogue 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think it is possible that the GB has realized that it is very easy for a publisher to be virtually inactive but reporting good hours. Only by having the publishers show up and go out in the not-"Bible-based" D2D work can the shepherds be certain the aren't being lied to.

They fail to grasp that a person could use the D@D as a mild fitness routine and never ring any doorbells, or use the opportunity to discuss anything other than the "good news" while at the door.

In short, the attitude of "You want me to go through the motioons? OK, I'll go through the motions" will increase, because the GB has completely removed the basis for ant feeling of "urgency" about D2D work; they have cut their organizational throat.

• HappyHappyHappy1914
    HappyHappyHappy1914
    As someone who currently works on the time reports for my hall, I don't find this surprising at all. Many in our congregation are pretty clearly using their studies with their their unbaptized kids as the only means in which they have time. They are never out in the "field" and their report is always the exact same each month. That is also why whenever we have reports about "average hours" it is a complete joke. How many of those hours were parents watching caleb and sophia videos with a three year old?
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    It is never good enough. But don't you leave the magazines with your bible studies?
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

Lol. We just had this meeting, and OUR C.O. said that we needed MORE RV's and MORE Studies (that aren't your own kids)!

• freddo
    freddo

So hardworking dad studies with his wife and son and goes in the mins on a Saturday and reports 8-10 hours. Really good guy, steady and sensible. Perfect MS/Elder material.

But oh dear, young Johnny has just got baptised - good you say? But no! Because now Dad and Mrs. Dad can't count their family study time anymore so Dad's hours go from 9 down to 5 and Mrs. Dad's drop from 8 to 4!

Oh no - now they are in the crappy useless range and the CO will wonder if Dad can run a microphone anymore?

And yet they are doing exactly the same hours and study as they did before - but Johnny's baptised, dad can't count the time - hallelujah!

Crazy rule ridden cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

you see the brother didn't have many magazine placements and all his RVs could be attributed to his bible studies.

Being that the WTS has had thousands of elders reviewing Publisher Report cards and the WTS is a publishing house operating at its core chalk full of commercialized false doctrines, this isn't really very surpassing that this could or would happen.

The push for literature distribution was the underlining agenda because the WT. and Awake were used as the main catch your attention pieces of literature.

The main reason people out in service used those magazines also they were big and light to carry around,

So proud and boisterous they did their faithful duty to Jah.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Freddo's comments above are SPOT ON!

So rather than the couple being COMMENDED for getting their child to the point of baptism, they are condemned for now not getting "enough hours" in!

Stupid

• minimus
    minimus
    The publishers record card was probably false to begin with.
  • sir82
    sir82

We had a service overseer a couple of iterations back, who would review everyone's publisher card, and then complain about those who didn't have a "balanced" ministry.

In his mind, a "balanced" ministry exactly corresponded to having non-zero numbers in every column in the report.

If you left lots of magazines but no books, unbalanced. If you left lots of books but no brochures, unbalanced. And so on.

He developed pie charts, bar graphs, all kinds of $#!+, demonstrating how "balanced" each publisher was.

He was a loon. Sounds like the CO was cut from the same cloth.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sigh. you just can't win with these scrounging bullies. ...and that's all they are....jumped up window cleaners with delusions of imortance. These wazzocks would never get the kind of power they get in the real world outside of the filthy cult.

I rarely met a genuinely loving CO. they were all so up themselves it was untrue. Not bad for work shy scroungers.they need a taste of the real world. They need to get a real job. They need a good lesson in life.

Let's review.....they're scrounging bullies in a cult. Life is too good for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit