CO Comes Up With A New Way To Be Judgemental...

by JW_Rogue 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Anything to make people feel LOW and UNWORTHY.

Speaking of Oubliette's tag line, I was wondering where outlaw is?? I miss his pictures.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    I was a MS for 10 years and a Pioneer for 16 years. Everything on my card was good, RV, Mags, Books, Studies. I didn't qualified to be an elder cause I was a young anointed (38 y/o at that time). And I didn't qualified to be an elder until the Questions of Readers said that 1935 was no longer the date that the heaven's gate was closed. By that time I wasn't interested in being an elder anymore.
  • chicken little
    chicken little

Hardtobeme....I remember we had a young brother who came into the "truth" and said he was of the annointed. This was around 1978, he was disfellowshipped within a short period of time due to his claims of being annointed. As you stated the 1935 cut off date was very much quoted at the time and I even remember talking for hours with my old bible study to prove to her that she would not be going to heaven based on this 1935 date. I feel sad now that I took away something that was very dear to her by relying on the WT flip flop doctrines.

When I went to pioneer school an elder said that to look for a good marriage mate we should ask to see there publisher card for the past few years!! Crap! I knew pioneers that made up their hours and placements and did not blink an eye about it.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    the CO visit always precipitated insincere enthusiasm and staged responses. Those who harboured ambitions were kept prepped and hogged the spotlight. Others who were genuinely modest and gentle were never noticed. Very much a dog eat dog time. Elders would hold secret meetings to plan how to manoevre the CO when he arrived. I found the whole week one of sham field service and rehearsed items.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''When I went to pioneer school an elder said that to look for a good marriage mate we should ask to see there publisher card for the past few years!!''

I have heard that discussed before. Interestingly though, most JWs do not even know they can do this, however.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

If I was still an MS I would have asked what his group overseer thought, perhaps asked him how many times he had worked with him over the last 3 months, what he thought of the quality of his ministry and what first hand experience of his ministry was. Basically, anything that shows looking at a bit of paper is meaningless, emphasising that if love was at the heart of things then the elders would be looking at the big picture and not silly stats that can be made up.

However, I gave up playing these silly games a couple of years ago and just glad not to have to do it anymore.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sounds like a typical CO. The comforting thing for us is not one red cent will ever go to support these narcissistic, egotistical, self righteous & pompous "men." Nor will any of these ungrateful people sit at our table.

Wolves in sheeps clothing!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Bad advice for a good marriage mate.

You want to marry a casual JW....someone who lies about their time.... skips a couple of meetings each month..... shows up late and leaves early.

When you finally haul ass out of this religion and you know you will, your perfect mate will be happy to leave with you.

• sporece
    sporece

Nothing new...it's been going on for decades. Was an elder for 21 years and when i look back at those meetings with the CO it was disgusting how some very good brothers, hard working brothers that were struggling in providing for their families and were always willing to help out on weekends when they were needed for their skills at the KH, yet they used to be looked down by others just because they were only turning in 5 hours a month,

They were not exemplary in the congregation and were not even able to carry the mikes.

Sick organization or should i say a sick cult.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    We were told to come to the meetings for field service even if we were not going to go out in service. That sounded crazy but no one challenged it and no one followed through either. Just another crazy cult experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit