UK Law Contradiction?

by The Fall Guy 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

According to the Crown Prosecution Service, "concealing an arrestable offence" is a criminal act - punishable by law.

"The offence of perverting the course of justice overlaps with a number of other statutory offences. Before preferring such a charge, consideration must be given to the possible alternatives referred to in this Charging Standard and, where appropriate, any of the following offences; Concealing an arrestable offence: s.5 Criminal Law Act 1967."

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/public-justice-offences-incorporating-charging-standard

However, the UK Police take the view that no one is obliged to report a crime, (regardless of its seriousness)

"Whilst there is no legal requirement to report a crime, there is a moral duty on everyone of us to report to the police any crime or anything we suspect may be a crime." https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q514.htm

At the very least, these two statements prove that JW elders are im-moral when they choose not to involve the police in cases of alleged paedophilia.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I guess the U.K Law is allowing there to be a sensible attitude if someone decides through fear of reprisal say, to simply not report a known crime.

There is a difference though when someone actively works to conceal a Crime, hiding the body, if only metaphorically, and I would say that Elders who do not report are skating very close to this, when not reporting,and a successful prosecution could well occur.

Worse though, is their moral position, how can they possibly think they are doing the right thing when concealing something as terrible as Paedophilia ? especially as the Perps are known to carry on their terrible, life destroying crimes.

Immoral indeed !

• Exelder
    Exelder

I used to volunteeer at the conventions and was always appalled at the lengths that "security" went through to hide that fact that a known paedophile was right there int he midst of the audience.

Sometimes the abuser would comply and sit in an allocated place so "security" could keep an eye on them, but more often than not, they would give "security" the slip and disappear into the toilets etc.

A year never went by without some attempted abuser abduction on some child and yet it was NEVER reported.

It was sickenig.

I always used to let families know when there was a known abuser there. My conscience would not allow me to keep quiet and yet I was the one seen as a trouble maker!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit