Debating With Evolution Deniers is Just Like This

by cofty 218 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    cofty
    I never make personal attacks but on this one occasion I am going to make an exception.
    You are a fucking idiot.

Not only evolution deniers....

• cofty
    cofty

Yes cyberjesus I called you a fucking idiot for promoting Holocaust denial.

So what's your point?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

cofty8 days agoArguing with those who reject scientific evidence can be like arguing about football; just as angry and passionate, but the goalposts keep moving, and one team doesn't exist.

This is my point

• cofty
    cofty

Are you really comparing the intellectually dishonest tactics of evolution deniers with rational, well-informed people who dismiss the deluded ravings of holocaust deniers?

That is some seriously messed-up thinking.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    cofty11 minutes ago
    Are you really comparing the intellectually dishonest tactics of evolution deniers with rational, well-informed people who dismiss the deluded ravings of holocaust deniers?

I am not... you are. All am doing is this thread is copying your own comments.... let the reader come to their own conclusions,

You called the tactics of an evolutionists deniers intellectually dishonest.... but then in another thread you attack a poster for his comments and not the comments.

What we say... says more of who we are than that of what we say of.

Not only the evolutionists talk with passion. But anyone who is certain of what they believe.

• cofty
    cofty
    in another thread you attack a poster for his comments and not the comments.

Is that English?

How about that? Is that in English? Serious question - are you sober?

I called you an idiot for being an apologist for holocaust deniers like David Irving.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Is that English?

it is to me... perhaps it might not be the best... you see I was born in mexico and learnt English by watching movies. I didn't learn it at school. How many languages do you speak?

How about that? Is that in English? Serious question - are you sober?

Fair enough. I apologize if you cant understand what I wrote. Allow me to write it in a different way

The words we use to describe something... describe more who we are than the thing we are trying to describe.

• cofty
    cofty
    The words we use to describe something... describe more who we are than the thing we are trying to describe

So when you claim that Irvine is a genuine historian and not a convicted holocaust denier, racist and anti-semite what does that tell us about you?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So when you claim that Irvine is a genuine historian and not a convicted holocaust denier, racist and anti-semite what does that tell us about you?

it tells you several things... first i like to listen to people who disagree with me... you learn more by disagreeing with someone than by agreeing. It tells you that I dont believe every thing the government says. when I exited the cult I learned to question everything. I dont agree with something just because everybody agrees.

You learn that just because someone calls another human being names... doesnt make that person be what he is called.

You learn that even though you have insulted me... and you are one of the most intellectual writters in the forum... I dont take offense on your words... I am OPEN for discussion. eventhough you even questioned my intellectual abilities and mental capacity... I mean... you are smart.... why do you even ask that question? is that because you just want to attack me?

Remember you OP.... attack my comments... not my language skills, my character, my mental capacity or my intelligence.

• cofty
    cofty

CJ - I have utter contempt for holocaust deniers. Either they are genuinely deluded, in which case they will dismiss all evidence because they think they are smarter than all the "sheeple". They are blind to their stunning level of ignorance.

Or they are actual racist, anti-semitic hate-mongers, in which case they are beyond help.

In either case I prefer that you just fuck off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit