Out of the Mouths of Babes

by La Capra 5 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

Overheard in the Electronics Department at our local Walmart,

"How would you like your own headphones for the meeting?"

My attention caught, I look up to see a 3-year old in the shopping cart then hear him say in a high whiny voice, "I don't want to go to the meeting." And he starts to cry.

Mama says, "Oh, it's ok, we're not going today."

And he says, "I don't ever want to go."

And I think, first, "things have not changed in the 45 years since I was a 3-year-old," and secondly, "wait a second, he gets headphones at a meeting? Why does he get headphones to listen to something else at the meetings and I didn't? What a ripoff!"

• jaydee
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Kids hate meetings based upon the fact they have a very short attention span and they obviously cant relate or comprehend the information being presented.

Meetings were nothing to what we as kids had to endure in day long assemblies .....pure nauseating hell.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Smart kid!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Our 8 year old grandson after spending the weekend with us told his mom,

"I can't wait until I'am a senior". Mom ask why, he told her "Papa and granny don't

do anything, they relax all day, eat what they want and don't answer to anyone".

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

My youngest did something similar and in the middle of the assembly. And just so happened that she timed it perfectly and everyone within earshot got to hear it and turned around.

We get to the assembly. She used to sleep thru most of it. When we get up to sing for the morning break, she wakes up. Wife took the chance and got her to stand up and sing. She rubs her eyes and asks

"Are we going home already?"

Mom replies "no, not yet"

After the end of the morning session, we get up to sing again, before heading out for lunch. My girl wakes up again and asks "Are we going home now?"

Mom replies "No, we are going to lunch"

Daughter- "And then we are going home?"

Mom- "No"

Daughter- "Ugh! I hate this samblea" -(Baby talk for Spanish "Asamblea")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit