IT'S OFFICIAL: Unbelief in WTBTS/JW's renders ANYONE as being anti-Christ

by BoogerMan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

it-1 p. 127 - "They may also claim to serve God but reject (don't serve) his representatives, his visible organization. Such ones willfully abandoning the Christian congregation (the org) thereby become part of the “antichrist.”"

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

Which book is "it-1"?

I've been out for a while.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@Chevelle

'Insight on the Scriptures Volume 1 (Aaron - Jehoshua)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Look, they CANNOT say that ! I am the Antichrist !

I don't think "Jesus" ever existed, that he is totally mythical, such Myths being based upon much earlier Myths, going right back to Canaanite religion.

You cannot get much more anti than that !

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Phizzy - "I am Spartacus apostate!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Ridiculous

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Insight On The Scriptures, Volume 1. pg.127

Atlantis!
  • PetrW
    PetrW

The book "Insight", we were all excited to see what wisdom there would be... A few years later, in my process of "dropping out", I once, sort of started looking on the CD, in the electronic version of "Insight", using a simple year search, for all the references to literature that the JWs had used. I typed in 192 and all the references with those numbers came up, of course there were other numbers for something else, but that's obvious to everyone. Well, the result was - I don't remember exactly - but most of the literature cited in this dictionary was from the years between, I don't really know, but late 19th century and early 20th century for sure. Of course, that's not necessarily entirely wrong - some of the more reputable works on biblical studies began to appear in the early 19th century - typically: Gesenius and his Hebrew-Aramaic Dictionary.

Although I don't remember all the details, it's been 20 years or more, then the entry, "Madness" and the justification for Nebuchadnezzar's alleged mental illness, is truly phenomenal. The JWs are not afraid - what they are not afraid of, they are probably downright proud of the fact that professional authorities agree with them when they refer to an 1818 French medical dictionary to describe "lycanthropy". Yes, 1818. Medicine hasn't changed since the end of the Napoleonic Wars.

Thus, you refer to reputable university professors who affirm the geocentric model of the universe...one only needs to look it up, in manuscripts, from the 1400s or 1600s.

I still wonder how apt the parable of the buried talent and the JWs is. They don't take advantage of the opportunities they have: time, money and people. "Bible students" don't have a complete commentary on the Bible even after 150 years. A demonstration of intellectual desperation was already described by R. Franz: when they wanted to compile an encyclopedia, the elders of the congregation started sending him clippings or excerpts from the Watchtower for each entry. No, these people were not and are not stupid. Under good leadership, with good motivation, time and money, a lot of work can be done. But that would require abandoning the dogmatism that only a small group of people have and can be right. That's why the reference to the medical dictionary from 1818 for a non-existent mental disorder remains with them to this day... so far it seems like a missed opportunity. I am not making a negative prognosis for the future: salvation history knows the case of Nineveh. So they still have time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit