After Being Out for 17 Years He is Back In again!!!

by new boy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• mrquik
    mrquik
    Reminds me of the Shawshank Redemption. After a lifetime in prison, Red realizes he's become "institutionalized" & probably wouldn't make it on the outside. I never talk to older ones about TTAT. They too, have become institutionalized. By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it. Another apostate "must see" flick like the "Matrix".
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ mrquick...

It's funny... I've seen that movie at least a half dozen times, and never realized until now just how apt that term was to describe JW lifers. :laughing:

• zeb
    zeb

vidiot. you have it in one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As to the OP in this fellow's explanation for returning.

I asked him why. He said "world conditions."

Too bad the JWS and perhaps its leaders aren't aware of the real truth concerning what was happening to humanity lets say in the middle ages for there was actually more wars more famine, more lawlessness etc .etc.

The problem arises that people let themselves toward acceptance of what the leaders say because out their own ignorance or lack of education and the imposing fear of not accepting what the WTS's leaders proclaim, its you accept it or if not your being objectively evil, disrespectful and unloyal to god's chosen ones.

In a real way the JWs religion perpetuates ignorance, repressing intellectual growth for individuals and exploits human ignorance for its continuing support.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Saying that people become mentally institutionalized to the JWorg. is a valid comment,

I know of some who have been a faithful JWS for decades and I would have to say they wouldn't be able to live outside of the organization now, too much mental attachment, the WTS. and its in depth indoctrination has literately weaken the possibility of these ones to think for themselves freely with objectivity.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let's all make a pact to never go back and support each other by trying to slap some sense back into anyone considering it and agreeing to at least listen if we are the one thinking of going back.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You all would be surprised at how many JWs inside could not care any less about doctrine, just going through the motions barely in order to keep the social interactions with friends and family. -- Tonight's meeting is a drag and boring, but where we all meet afterwards for food and drinks is the real fun deal. It's Friday!!!!😜 ~ Doubtfully Yours

No truer statement has been made!!!

Most JWs cannot even begin to explain any of the doctrines they claim to believe. Why? Because they DO NOT CARE about doctrines.

They are JWs because: 1) They were born as JWs and it's their way of life -- they care nothing about doctrine; 2) They remain for the social element -- and care nothing about doctrine; 3) Even if they do have doubts or suspect that it is not The Truth -- the keep "one foot in the door", just in case it might be right..................DOC

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, he probably went back for the social aspects and family, etc.

I guess I'm fortunate I didn't have family in the religion and not much social life there.

I am in agreement with anybody who thinks that many Witnesses don't care and don't know what's being taught there. I also hate to say it but I also agree with somebody's comment that it is a mentally crippling religion where people become so helpless they cannot think for themselves and function in the real world.

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

This has got to be marked !

• new boy
    new boy
    Reminds me of the Shawshank Redemption. After a lifetime in prison, Red realizes he's become "institutionalized" & probably wouldn't make it on the outside. I never talk to older ones about TTAT. They too, have become institutionalized. By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it. Another apostate "must see" flick like the "Matrix".
    Flag Link Dislike Likewow!!! your so right they become institutionalized well said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit