So, any comments from the Memorial?

by NewYork44M 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Isn't there a scripture somewhere in Jerimiah were it says that god doesn't like human sacrifices and would never even think of such a thing?

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Little except that in our staircase some invitiations for the memorial were thrown away and lounged around on the floor next to the entrance door, The memorial is this time exploited as possiblity to give a witness when one of the congregations invited to a communalhall of a village in the neighbourhood.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

it was boring and organisationally self aggrandising

jtg

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
  • carla
    carla

Perry,

"And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. Mt. 26: 27, 28"

Does the wt Bible leave out "all of you"?

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

NY44m - I wish I was kidding. The love bombing he gets when he's there puts him in almost a trance like state of mind. He will start going to more meetings now. He always does after the memorial.

• Steel
    Steel

Our speaker gave some nutty explaination about how the term born again was misunderstood. I found it quite offensive.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Uneventful. People looked nice, but not heavily interested with the occasion. It's become like the Catholic Easter gathering, simply a time to dress up and go out to dinner afterwards.

Enjoy dinner!

DY

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

I think each year the Memorial is less important for the Organisation. Brothers were apathetic. I'm included in some Whatsapp groups of brothers and they tried to follow the Biblical reading daily and to share the points in the group and almost no one took part.

• stillin
    stillin

The congregation is congratulating itself over having "a record high attendance" this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit