Do you remember a CRUSH you had at the Kingdom Hall?

by Fruitcake 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I remember mine...

We were both studies, my friend and I, but she went to another congregation. She would call me up on the phone, and tell me this crush she had on a young single elder in his thirties.. She would bake casseroles for him every week and he'd take them home. She was a decade older than him at least, but she was so smitten she wanted me to write her a love poem to give him.

I was getting intrigued with this guy too, and looking forward to her weekly phone calls..just to hear what he was up to, and hear her amusing efforts to win him over. She was sad because she told stories on how other single sisters would be unkind to her, obviously, every single sister was after him!!

Well, I gave her advice and reasons why he wasn't responding to her, although he was eating her casseroles, I told her she wasnt yet baptized, and he'd only respond to a baptized sister.

Well, she got baptized about six months later, along with me. But she called me up with the sad news that the elder had moved. Maybe he wanted to get away from all the sisters in his cong, after him?

I transferred awhile to another congregation, and remember one service morning, sitting with my head down, taking a nap, when I hear a brothers voice I didnt recognize conducting the morning service...

I look up, and up, and see one of the tallest most dazzling, handsome guy I have ever seen! He was blonde, and so cute, think about the second Bachelor on ABC's the Bachelor, Andrew Buerge,, he kinda looked like that, but cuter..

Anyways, I found out it was the elder my friend had a crush on for so long, the one I stayed up late at night with my friend, hearing stories about him. The one I wrote love poetry for. so this was the first time I had ever seen him , yet I knew so much about him.

I was single at this time. and looked at this elder as potential husband material. I had a crush on him and even made him a lunch one service day.

Some sisters in my congregation teased me to no end esp after I made him that lunch. In mean ways they implied I was not good enough for him, etc, etc, it became so unbearable that there was no way could stay in that congregation.

I still wonder whats up with him since he would really pack the Hall, whenever he was giving a talk. Single sisters from all over the city would come to see him.

Sigh.....I am happy though with the man I have today.. I'm glad not to be the wife of an elder.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

PS, I remember this story on how charming this elder was.

One meeting my friend didn't bring a casserole, and the elder was perplexed, and actually went to ask her what was going on, I guess he was really being hooked on her home cooking.

Anyways, she tearfully said her oven had broken down, and she couldn't cook for him that night.

He but his arms around her. and said it was going to be allright.

The next day, a brand new microwave was delivered to her house!

It was sad he never fell in love with her, but he was in love with her cooking!!

• JH
    JH

I was going to start that topic. Either I can read your thoughts or you read mine...

Yes I had a crush, but she was married.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I'm sorry JH, I felt the vibes from you thinking about her... so I had to post the question,,,

C'mon, you gotta give all the juicy details though!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit