New facts from germany

by crazy_flickering_light 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Maybe some of you interested in this:

Between 11/2015 and 05/2016 they merged in Germany 48 congs into 24 congs. In this time they build 16 language-groups and 3 sign-language-groups.

It looks like they cover up the reduction of regular congs with language-groups. In 2015 there 2201 congs in Germany - Yearbook 2015.

The review from the 01/2007 till 05/2016:

They merged 372 congs to 186 congs.

They establish 137 new language-congs.

They establish 6 new german congs.

They establish 6 new sign-language congs.

So the small 146 language-congs cover up the closing from 186 congs.

Source: http://www.jehovaszeugen.de/Amtsblatt.44.0.html (official source!)

More details at the german Sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/exzj/comments/4lflbx/die_mehrung_der_zeugen_in_deutschland/

• Splash
    Splash

Here's a chart that tracks the number of congs worldwide vs publishers per cong (among other things).

The two right hand columns show that last year, despite more congregations, peak pubs per cong were down on the previous year.

• millie210
    millie210

I find his very interesting, thank you both.

I know they have to be doctoring the numbers and this helps us see how.

• bohm
    bohm

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but more congregations can use the same building?

whats the difference between a language congregation and an ordinary?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yep the sell of in New York is because thier slowly going out of business . Thier probably lying about the number of actual members too.

• fulano
    fulano

A group is not a congregation. A foreign language group still belongs to a congregation and will not be counted separate.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Thanks Crazy light and splash for the interesting data. I hope the Germans donate less.

• startingover
    startingover
    How many deaf people are there? In my experience there are a bunch of bored JW's trying to show off their spirituality who comprise these groups with on deaf person in the group.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe they are just trying to wake up the spiritually deaf .their has to be a lot of them

,Your right s.o ,you would only find maybe one or at a pinch two if that , in any congregation who are deaf.

Maybe their is a cart going around Germany with a JW crier ringing a cowbell calling out "Bring out your deaf"

smiddy

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

bohm:

Using the same building is one thing. They reduce the numbers of congs. This is a sign for a decrease.

The difference between language/sing-language-congs and normal cong: less publisher, they very easy going (eat after the cong...) and much more. So they reduce congs they started years before with 80-120 publishers and make new (language)congs with maybe 30-50 persons, runned by 10-20 publisher they also attend the german congs from time to time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit