Coordinator of Elders Problems in One Southern England Circuit!

by The Searcher 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sorry, sorry, sorry - my mistake!! I totally forgot what our G.O.D. (Guardians Of Doctrine) were inspired to tell us 100 weeks ago -

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today

"Today, Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men to shepherd his precious sheep,..."

"Abundance" - "an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/abundance

The Magnificent 7 wouldn't lie about this, would they?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

happyhappyhappy1914 - "...the younger ones, who no longer view those appointments as a 'privilege', just aren't stepping up in large numbers"...

...Thusly forcing the WTS to scrape the bottom of the barrell (i.e. lower the standards) even deeper for "qualified" guys to keep the individual congregations functioning, which, in turn, cannot help but cause further problems at the congregation level.

This, coupled with still-in TTATTers simply ceasing to donate, may well be one the biggest problems the WTS is facing yet.

Never underestimate the power of passive resistance.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DwainBowman - "Why oh Why, did I not see though the bull sh--t a long time ago!"

Same reason most of us didn't.

We either wanted it to be true, or were afraid it might be.

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused
    This sounds suspiciously like Avon No.1 Circuit.. i.e the Bristol area....
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    makes me wonder with all the reversals, deletions, etc. if the day will come when there will again only be 3 elders of sorts per cong. like the old days, congregation servant, assistant cong. servant, & secretary/treasurer servant (maybe different titles tho). ???
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Agree @curiousconfused...

I may be able to do some digging over the next couple of weeks...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" This sounds suspiciously like Avon No.1 Circuit.. i.e the Bristol area.... "

When they knock on doors, do they call out "Avon calling..." ?

• sir82
    sir82

Kind of sounds like the branch may have asked the CO to clean up the circuit. Or he may have got the idea in his own head to do so.

What is the background / reputation of the CO?

• freddo
    freddo

@Sir82

CO's in the UK changed in September 2015. So these removals and resignations are across the "watch" of two CO's.

Doesn't sound like the work of one CO to me.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

One circuit in the north had about 8 or 9 COBEs replaced by younger men on the last round of visits by their C/O. His name is Ray Shah. Anyone know where he is now and if he is continuing his policy?

SF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit