One reason behind the slow steady decline of JWs

by AllTimeJeff 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great to see you again ATJ, and interesting observation.

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome back, ATJ.

NEJ - Can't wait for that coup/blackswanevent and I hope it doesn't take that long but we can enjoy the show. Good summarization of event, Magnum. Recently, someone posted the Org may have lost $40mil?/hedge funds - nice! We've read past couple of yrs. they're invited to a high-filluton hedge fund event in London (only a handful of leading/rich corps invited) but they obviously need a new crystal ball or some serious trader/brokers for some sound, conservative, investments to deal with the economy and reality of today's media. Crazy!

Love these topics and the spiraling drama. Carry on Watchtower!

• cofty
    cofty
    Hi Jeff, welcome back. Great post.
  • prologos
    prologos

How can a "body" lead? if it has no head? a 7 headed Hydra?, The Knorr/Franz combination was a good one,

Knorr leading in procedure and Franz in "spirituality" aka nutty doctrines.

I would be interesting to see a true man, like Trueman from MO raise to the occasion, just for fun, but whoever really rules seems to find the G.O.D of 7 +- effective.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Sparky1:
    Nathan 'Papa' Knorr was a finely crafted persona that served the Organization very well. At Bethel he was all business and kept his nose to the grindstone. When he gave talks at assemblies and other gatherings he projected a fatherly and comforting demeanor. He appeared full of confidence and spoke with authority without overpowering his audience. 'Papa' Knorr was head of the Bethel family and 'head' of the 'spiritual family' of Jehovah's Witnesses. In the current arrangement who can 'fill his shoes' in the Jehovah's Witnesses 'family'?:

Nathan Knorr was a cold, aloof, hypocritical, heartless jerk, as evidenced by eyewitness accounts of those who knew him & all the strict man-made rules & decisions he imposed on the Bethel family & missionaries during his time. I suggest that you do more research next time before posting!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Don't know if you noticed any CO lately, they are sporting the marketing lapel pin of JW.ORG-- I would love to find out who exactly, is behind all this marketing strategy.. not that I could do anything about it other than say they sold their "souls" to a WORLDLY company... and are now part of the world they condemned only a few years ago.... The marketing firm does not understand apparently, what turns people on in this organization... society is floundering, treading water, soon to sink - much like Peter who lost his faith when he tried to walk on water.....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the most tangible explanation to the slowing decline of the JWS is that people and JWS themselves are starting to wake up to the fact that the WTS's doctrines were mostly devised or inspired toward the selling and distribution of the WTS's publications, Sans true and accurate bible theology.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@AllTimeJeff Hi Hello! It is so nice to hear from you again! Just passing through town or can you stay a while?

LoisLane jumping up and down and waving. So happy to see ATJ again. or

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    ATJ, I have family members in that region of Africa. Would like to PM you if you are OK with it.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Divergent,

Thanks for your critique of my post. I was a Bethelite and know from whence I speak. As a child, adolescent and young adult of 50's, 60's and 70's I have heard Nathan Knorr speak in person at assemblies, special meetings and Bethel more times than I can remember. If you will reread my post, you will find that I was trying to make a correlation between his persona and its effect on the Jehovah's Witness community and Organization.

Persona: the aspect of someone's character that is presented to or perceived by others; a role or character adopted by an author or an actor. - Oxford dictionary online

Could Nathan Knorr be a monster sometimes. Absolutely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit