JW broadcasting and doubts

by Colinconfused 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

+1 Faye!!!

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

@orphancrow You are right my partner is my spouse.

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

@Gulfcoaster Yes ive thought long and hard about that and I would never expose my children to that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Colinconfused: You are right my partner is my spouse

That's what I thought.

The men that I know who refer to their spouse as their 'partner' usually have a lot of respect for their spouses. And that is why I find your decision to study with the JWs again to not be all that rational. The JWs will remove that equal partnership idea from your marriage. Your wife will be 'the lesser vessel' and your children will be raised to not think of marriage as a 'partnership' but rather as a power relationship between the 'head' and the submissive one - the wife

Keep calling your wife your partner and keep treating her with that respect - an acknowledgement that she is on the same footing as you and that you are in a partnership with equal say. You will lose that if your family becomes another JW family with the man in charge and the woman meekly following

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to post. I'm going to leave the discussion now. I do have a strong faith in Jah and Jesus. Having said that I will not expose my children to a dictatorship or expose them to bullying or any other harm. That I do know for a certainty.

I have had a brief discussion with my partner this afternoon, who is aware of the my turmoil, and is very supportive. I have decided to cancel the study and not attend meetings. I will teach my children about Jah and Jesus through nature and basic bible stories.

Chow for now

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Colin I think the best advice anyone can give you at this stage is to fact check. Like I said earlier do it on your own. Make it firm in your mind then you can move on. I put this off and it caused me to just hang around. Now I regret it with all my being. I wasted so much time and well lots of cash. Makes me sick.

Again though do the fact checking yourself. In other words don't take anyone's word for it. Dig into it yourself.

A couple things that really opened my eyes. These are just the topics you'll need to do the research.

1. How many prophecies and dates related to Christ's presence, and Armageddon. it is said the org is progressive but if you didn't believe these dates or the overlapping generations of today even though in the case of years ago were proven wrong would that be o.k.? No you'd likely be disfellowshipped for thinking and sharing your opinion.
    2. The bible itself, when were the books written. How many books has the JW bible excluded. When were the books canonized (when did they become part of the bible). you'll be shocked at some of the answers to these questions. At least I was.
    3. Bible translation. Just look into Romans 10:13 and 10:9. The same Greek word is used in both. The root is Kyrios. Yet when you look in the Interlinear bible somehow the formula the NWT says it uses is not kept. What is the explanation in the footnote in the Interlinear for Romans 10:9? go take a look.
    4. Investigate the endless false assumptions that simply went along with the bad science of the day. Wouldn't God know these things are false? Why would he direct his channel to believe transplants were cannibalism. Why would he deceive his followers into thinking he lived in a constellation for example?
    5. The blood issue. Why are sisters allowed to breast feed if we are not to eat blood? If anything is "eating" blood it is for sure breast feeding. The Watchtower never touches it. Were those that were disfellowshipped for taking blood fractions to save their lives automatically reinstated when the governing body realized they screwed up in the early 2000's?
    6. Is anyone EVER auto-reinstated when they stood firm that the governing body was wrong and disfellowshipped for it only to have the governing body finally admit they were wrong? Remember we're not talking about going to the convention you're assigned to we're talking about issues that are related to your very life!!!

Those are just a few things. The rabbit hole is literally endless. Crack the books and you'll have zero doubts when done.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum, Colinconfused!

My advice to you is:Run away, while you still can!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

colin: I have had a brief discussion with my partner this afternoon, who is aware of the my turmoil, and is very supportive. I have decided to cancel the study and not attend meetings. I will teach my children about Jah and Jesus through nature and basic bible stories.

Chow for now

Good luck, Colin

All the best to you and your family

*pssst...don't read the JW Bible book to your kids...it is too scary for children to process

• Colinconfused
    Colinconfused

Hey thanks orphancrow... Haha i always liked the bible story book.

All the best to you too.

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Colin, might I make a suggestion? That is to make sure in your own mind (and your partner's) what your beliefs are before you involve your children? Could save them a whole lot of hurt and confusion. You sound like a smart man and I'm sure you've already considered that, just saying ...

Not my business, but happy to hear you've discontinued the study and the meetings. And the Bible book for kids disturbed me as an adult. I never did send it to my grandchildren (parents not JW's) - so glad I didn't!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit