Could Have Been Worse

by Perry 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Leah Rimini spent a lot of money before she ditched her cult:

Over the years she says she spent about $2 million for services and training courses and made another $3 million in donations. Among her expenses was $40,000 to compensate Scientology for sandwiches... Article

At least the WT didn't send me a bill when I left!

• DogGone
    DogGone

Wow, after that I ended up on the Scientology take down videos about former members. Crazy crazy. The WTS is a much kinder organization, actually. Crazy crazy.

• donny
    donny
    I know a woman who used to be in Scientology. That organization is about as controlling and corrupt as they get.
  • Perry
    Perry

Donny, if you are nor careful you'll get labelled an SP (suppressive person)

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Geez, I hope they were some super delicious sandwiches at $40,000!
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Wifmyoumhave the opportunity to,,watch the HBO special "Severe Clear". It is the best, most comprehensive documentary ever made on the subject of Scientology. It features interviews from the top guys who left Scientology when their megalomaniac leader David Miscavige turned on them, Rhe full skinny on John Travolta and the king of assholes, Tom Cruise. It also has a lot of footage of the founder L. Ron Hubbard also being his delusional, megalomaniacal self. It is one of the most disturbing religious documentaries I have ever seen. Top guys and leaders of the Sea Org being held captive in secret buildings and physically tortured to mention one of the many shocking practices of David Miscavige. Scientologist policies make JW policy seem like a lovely walk in the park.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

SecretSlaveClass: I think you mean the HBO documentary, "Going Clear."

I watched that documentary recently, and was totally floored that such a money-grubbing CULT could actually continue to not only operate, but actually flourish in some areas, all the while raping their members of time, freedom, and money. Scientology is a disgusting cult.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    SecretSlaveClass: I think you mean the HBO documentary, "Going Clear."

Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief

I used to watch a lot of Tory Magoo and Mark Bunker videos on YouTube.

When you compare disconnect and the OSA (Office of Special Affairs) tactics to shunning, the Watchtower looks like Scientology lite.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The WTS is a much kinder organization, actually

Really? How many people are DEAD because of Scientology doctrine?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Really? How many people are DEAD because of Scientology doctrine?

Google Narconon deaths.

The Watchtower has killed more people hands down though.

When compared to Scientology strong arm tactics and disconnect, the Watchtowers shunning is still quite tame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit