Dating J.W small fishpond compared to ocean....who married a loser because of this???

by Witness 007 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So your a Witness and want to get married or Jehovah forbid remarried. Welcome to the pond of losers you can chose from!!! Who struck out in the marriage department.

• blondie
    blondie

I turned down 4 marriage proposals, I could not see myself obeying them, what I called desperados, and staying married for eternity (assuming I did not die before Armageddon).

So I married a non-jw, still married after 25 years....happily. And they said it would never work.

• Zaccheus
    Zaccheus

I married my best friend pretty much. Not exactly a loser, but we were both unprepared for life in the real world and we had problems from the beginning. Also, if we had been allowed to have a normal sexual relationship before marriage, we probably would not have rushed in so young, had opportunities to date others, and may have realized we were better as friends instead of marriage mates.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Two of our kids were certainly adversely affected by the Small Pond in JW Land. . . . . and we've been reminded of it by one of them. . . . .Doc

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

I had the same history than Blondie. But it is only lasting since 2006...

I choose to marry someone I could really love for years and years, rather than marrying a clone who would answer me "jw.org" every minute of my life!

I never regretted my choice, and made everybody mad in the congregation by showing a smiling face and a true happiness with my "worldy" wife.

• jaydee
    jaydee

my wife did.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit