JW Harrasment

by enigma1863 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

As most probably know Scientology harasses stalks and even spreads lies about their former members to convince you not to trust them. They are very good at smearing peoples names.

Has their been any evidence the JW organization uses the same methods on specific individuals? I don’t mean the general all apostates are bad stories posted for the rank and file. I mean do they lurk on websites like these to spread mistrust of former members spreading lies in hopes you’ll come back or so we may be too focused on infighting to reach their current members.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

No. Though I've been told they monitor sites like this sometimes. Maybe to identify leaks. And I believe there are active jws counting time trying to preach.

• vienne
    vienne

I have never seen any evidence of this, at least on an official level. Witnesses treat me as if I were one of their own, but then I'm not a former adherent. I've asked about former members in a general way. The answers are occasionally specific, most often mourning the disaffection of a friend or relative. I see tears, and some have told me they pray for those who have left.

Witnesses may be off the mark in some things, but generally they're very nice people, and their faith has made them what they are.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I don't know on an organizational level, but I have witnessed it on a personal level. In my case, it was my brother-in-law and sister (my sister is married to my husband's brother). When we left, they did their best to slander us to our relatives who are not JWs, on a few occasions. But the people to who they were telling the lies, knew us very well and knew they were making up total BS. This stunt actually backfired and caused one of the relatives to change her mind about getting involved with the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit