How can JW's have a CLUE what the New Covenant is about...

by BoogerMan 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

...when their "slave class" doesn't?

it-1 p. 524 Covenant - The covenant is forever in operation...

it-1 p. 524 Covenant - The purpose of the new covenant requires that it continue in operation until all of the “Israel of God” are resurrected to immortality in the heavens.

The new covenant is forever in operation, but only until the "anointed" have popped their clogs, been raptured to heaven, and morphed into 144,000 Melchizedek king-priests. (Just like Christ!)

Isn't there a wee contradiction in the Insight's "insight"?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If an organization that claims to be guided by God's Holy Spirit gets things like this wrong or confused from time to time, doesn't that mean that either (1)the Holy Spirit did not provide guidance on this matter or (2)they misread what the Holy Spirit was trying to tell them and put forth the wrong information? Another option is that they're not "Spirit-directed," but that's not their claim. I guess one other option is that the Holy Spirit deliberately mislead them. And since they see the HS as God's active force and not an individual, that would mean that God deliberately mislead them, or is just not very good at guiding a small group of men to the decisions he wants them to make.

So, WTS, is God wicked or incompetent?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Their explanation is seriously flawed. The new covenant is concluded with God's new nation, called the Israel of God (Hebr. 8:8, 9; cf. Jer. 31:31). Now, who is the Israel of God? According to them it's the 144,000. But according to the following scriptures, the 144,000 make up only part of Israel.

15 For neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation [is something].
    16 And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God. (Gal. 6:15, 16 NWT)

Everybody must follow this "rule of conduct."

And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel, (Rev. 7:4 NWT)

The 144,000 come from Israel. Who then, is the twelve tribes of Israel? Must be the whole congregation ("church").

Jesus said to them, Truly I say to YOU, In the re-creation, when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, YOU who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matt. 19:28 NWT)

They will govern the twelve tribes of Israel. 1) They cannot be Israel and govern over Israel in this instance. 2) The new covenant involves all Israel and not only the 144,000. 3) This is a permanent covenant which will carry on even after the 144,000 have been recalled to heaven.

Where's Scholar when you need him? I would dearly love to hear his explanation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remember when I was a fully hypnotised Jobot, I tried to research this along with the 'covenant for a kingdom'.

I came away wishing I hadn't tried. I thought it was because I wasn't 'spiritual(tm)' enough to understand it.

Now, of course, I know it's because the WBT$ prints mentally retarded refuse.

• waton
    waton

Math. 26: 27,28* sums it up nicely: "drink of it all of you, -- the blood of the covenant -- for forgiveness of sins.-- "

This is the new Covenant, for forgiveness of sins. (not the kingdom)

wt stages a yearly reverse ceremony. Nearly all are told not to drink, to abstain, only the anointed drink, but at the last supper the one anointed, Jesus abstained. (he needed no sins to be forgiven) yet all with an initial earthly hope partook.

The 12 tribes of the Israel of God include the tribe of Joseph. The one that told the majority what the true score is.

The one that they "disfellowshipped" , nearly killed. They will eat out of his hand again. wt take note, and refute. . just for fun:

in the spring of 2024, there will be the wt memorial on a Sunday, darkness in upstate NY on Monday.

** The math. is easily remembered: counting up Math. 26 ,27,28 and down John 6, 54

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Now, of course, I know it's because the WBT$ prints mentally retarded refuse.

https://archive.org/details/allaboutonerusse00cook

The above link is to a booklet written only 2 years after Russell started printing the WT. Local Pastors exposed the theological illiteracy and obvious deception of Russell's writings the best that they could, which was substantial.

Russell comes off as an incredibly uneducated self absorbed liar, a narcissist who believed that he found himself prophesied in scripture.

Local pastors were very concerned and refuted his nonsense for decades. But there was no internet back then and the WT simply out-printed them. The fact is that there was a vast market of uneducated and unchurched adherents that bought into :

1. No judgement after death

2. A second chance in paradise after you die.

3. Complete non-existence if somehow you didn't make the team

4. Confirmation that you are really smarter than all your educated peers.

5. You are not fake like everyone else. You are honest-hearted.

6. You get to take credit for your good works as opposed to Christianity where you do not.

It was religion for the working man who was free of incumbrances like education, logic and sound doctrine. On my mom's side of the family, the first convert was an immigrant with a 3rd grade education. My dad was a Mississippi farm boy who didn't finish High School and started reading WT literature while stationed in Alaska during near 24 hr. darkness in winter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit